• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Any predictions on how the football schedules/rivals/pods will be set up
Wondering if our 8 game conf. schedule will increase to 9. In which case with our typical .500 conference record and close to 1.000 non-conference record will result in roughly a half-game per season win total.

This may be it. 2-6-6-2 model
2 rivals
6 alternating home-away
6 alternating home-away
2 don't play

Do this for four years and reset.

Stanford, Cal, and SMU can have each other as rivals.

This may be it. 2-6-6-2 model
2 rivals
6 alternating home-away
6 alternating home-away
2 don't play

Do this for four years and reset.

Stanford, Cal, and SMU can have each other as rivals.

I was wondering about this but wasn’t motivated to figure it out. Thanks for the work, it makes sense to me.

new picture of Clemson UNC and FSU at the presidents meeting this morning.

Attachments

• treachous threee.jpeg
    treachous threee.jpeg
    11.4 KB · Views: 39
No, the ACC should turn to charter schools, and parental choice in education, and two parent households and should it start by learning THE lesson of the 2016 election.
I don’t know what this is referring to. But W&B is just choosing to be intellectually dishonest here.

It's referring to prior "W&B" intellectual dishonesty.
Wake just voted to kill the only league that will have them. It's weird having to argue with people who don't aspire to actually winning but instead prefer to lose slower. Have it your way, I guess.

I jumped in late

What was your long-term proposal?
FSU wants out and they're willing to pay their way out. SEC neither wants them nor needs them, at least not prior to 2036. If they could have broken the GOR they already would have.

There's only one option for FSU: negotiate in the short term to get more to close the gap with the teams from the SEC/Big 10.

Wake has the other goal: stay in a good conference as long as possible and compete. Wake has that through 2036 already In hand. If they (and all the other private schools) gave up a little they could ask for an extension of the GOR for ten more years.

The big schools have something the smaller schools want and vice versa. I think Wake could take little less in the short term in exchange for buying more time on the back end.

"More small schools!" Doesn't give Wake something it currently lacks. FSU missed the window to file their notice to withdraw for this year and next two weeks ago.

FSU can’t go anywhere and is never gonna stay in the Acc past this GOR (slash when the buyout is low enough for them to do so). But sure let’s appease the bad faith actor on the ACC behalf.

FSU can’t go anywhere and is never gonna stay in the Acc past this GOR (slash when the buyout is low enough for them to do so). But sure let’s appease the bad faith actor on the ACC behalf.
You just did Notre Dame's bidding. Save the lecture.

Back