• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

It's going to be every bowl eligible SEC team, UM, OSU, PSU, and then the other conference champs. The debate about #12/13 will happen, but no one believes that that team has a chance anyway.

FSU was punished because UGA lost.

1000% chance they are the 4 seed against UGA if UGA wins.

They just didn't have the balls to leave out an SEC team. The Texas win against Alabama derailed everything, so they just said fuck it and decided they'd rather deal with the wrath of FSU fans rather than an entire weird-ass conference.
Two things can be true, especially since there were two one-loss conference champions that made it instead of FSU

So if Okie State beats TX, they get a de facto 4 seed? That seems ridiculous. Just seed them like you normally would.
No. A bye is just a bye. The top 4 conference champs earn their way into the quarterfinals by winning their conference championship. The at-large and 5th conference champ would win a play-in into the quarterfinals. Then reseed those 8 teams from there.

Two things can be true, especially since there were two one-loss conference champions that made it instead of FSU

I get what you're saying, but that's just not the case here. Do you really think Texas leapfrogs FSU if UGA wins? No way that would have happened. It would've been straightforward. Four unbeaten champs and one with a loss. The four unbeatens get in. No controversy, no supposed agonizing over the decision. Zero, zip, nada.

I get what you're saying, but that's just not the case here. Do you really think Texas leapfrogs FSU if UGA wins? No way that would have happened. It would've been straightforward. Four unbeaten champs and one with a loss. The four unbeatens get in. No controversy, no supposed agonizing over the decision. Zero, zip, nada.
Every analysis I read before they announced the field was that there was no controversy because there were three unbeaten teams and they would all get in regardless of if Alabama beat Georgia. Then Georgia lost and both Texas and Alabama leapfrogged FSU.

This guy has been on an insane acid trip... claims that B12 and ACC have met to talk about "autonomous conferences" breaking away and that the SEC and B10 have met with the NFL to discuss a G-league of sorts

No. A bye is just a bye. The top 4 conference champs earn their way into the quarterfinals by winning their conference championship. The at-large and 5th conference champ would win a play-in into the quarterfinals. Then reseed those 8 teams from there.

Probably wrong thread but it's ok to reseed the final 8 teams in college football but not college baseball? Just thinking out loud...carry on.

"Reseed" probably isn't the right word. The byes don't have to be connected to seeding. Set up the play-in matchups by seed (CFP rankings). Then set up the quarterfinal matchups by seed.

I think at this point based on rationale and the weird criteria this is correct

Because of the “head to head” value, Bama winning means you either leave out the SEC entirely or you have to put Texas and Bama in because Texas beat Bama. You can’t just leave Georgia in because Bama beat them.
Therefore slotting Bama in automatically slots Texas in

It’s all stupid and having random people pick top 4 was going to lead to this eventually. Ironically Mike Leach predicted this years ago

Jim Phillips needs to be fired. No spoken word since this fiasco. It’s unreal. Say want you want about Swofford. I say this shit would not have happened. Mainly because he would have protected the ACC because North Carolina is in it. This dude is weak sauce. I don’t trust him to do anything to help this conference. Starting with the dumb shut Alliance which the Big Ten took and jammed up his cornhole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim Phillips needs to be fired. No spoken word since this fiasco. It’s unreal. Say want you want about Swofford. I say this shit would not have happened. Mainly because he would have protected the ACC because North Carolina is in it. This dude is weak sauce. I don’t trust him to do anything to help this conference. Starting with the dumb shut Alliance which the Big Ten took and jammed up his cornhole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We need an ACC guy. He’s a Big 10 guy who will flee at the first opportunity.

I don’t give a shit about any of that. We need a person who is good at their job.
I just meant we need someone who is loyal to the ACC and see it’s success tied to their own longterm success. I don’t think Philips is looking long term because I don’t think he’s sees himself in the ACC long term.

I just meant we need someone who is loyal to the ACC and see it’s success tied to their own longterm success. I don’t think Philips is looking long term because I don’t think he’s sees himself in the ACC long term.
Well yeah since the league might implode any day.

Back