• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Ridding the world of bowl games and thereby simultaneously denying WFU fans (who will rarely if ever see their team in the playoffs) an extra game to watch seems like a weird hill to die on.

I think you'll get your way though, because NIL and sit-outs will kill the bowls for the reasons mentioned. Citing past bowl attendance figures as support for the stability of the bowl system is comparing one system with another. It's not the same anymore.

Fine by me. Dont need to see exhibition games
You should consider that it’s a reward for the players and an opportunity for fans to go to what is sometimes a cool location. That second part could definitely be improved. The other reason we like bowls is the extra practice for the younger players.

Fine by me. Dont need to see exhibition games
Many of these players look forward to these bowl games and get a free trip with tons of swag. Seeing as these players are majority African American, I would think a Woke Folk like yourself would be in favor.

But I guess only Windy gets to go on trips or sit in his box seats that his parents have. Screw you young black men!

*But I'm woke so I'm morally superior anyways

You should consider that it’s a reward for the players and an opportunity for fans to go to what is sometimes a cool location. That second part could definitely be improved. The other reason we like bowls is the extra practice for the younger players.

For sure. It was a great time at the Gasparilla Bowl last year. Raymond James Stadium is awesome. Hanging with a bunch of Wake fans was fun.

I know Clawson likes the extra practice days. Players appreciate one more game, especially those who have zero chance of a pro football career. They also like getting Bowl Swag. Wake has turned in some memorable performances in Bowl games. What's not to like?

I didn’t have a problem when there were far fewer games and the locations were truly a reward. The current system rewards mediocrity. If there were few enough games to truly reward a good season rather than rewarding mediocrity I wouldn’t have an issue with them.

Many of these players look forward to these bowl games and get a free trip with tons of swag. Seeing as these players are majority African American, I would think a Woke Folk like yourself would be in favor.

But I guess only Windy gets to go on trips or sit in his box seats that his parents have. Screw you young black men!

WTAF. Should have stopped after the first sentence.

This is one of the dumbest rants I’ve seen on the boards. It makes zero sense

I agree that Charlotte and Nashville are pretty cool, but most of these locations that Wake has been invited to suck.

Great point; need to bring back the old Balck Bowl in Charlotte

I agree that Charlotte and Nashville are pretty cool, but most of these locations that Wake has been invited to suck.
I think we’ve been pretty lucky. Several Florida, Charlotte, Nashville, Annapolis (cool as hell), and Birmingham (shitty city but historic stadium). These have all also been easily accessible. The only one I would say sucks is the Pinstripe but it’s still an interesting opponent in a cool venue.

I think we’ve been pretty lucky. Several Florida, Charlotte, Nashville, Annapolis (cool as hell), and Birmingham (shitty city but historic stadium). These have all also been easily accessible. The only one I would say sucks is the Pinstripe but it’s still an interesting opponent in a cool venue.
Sad that I think Pinstripe is one of the best bowls! But I also think we’ve been lucky.

Annapolis is great in September, not December. And lol at your rationalization over playing in a partially condemned stadium in Birmingham.

Annapolis is great in September, not December. And lol at your rationalization over playing in a partially condemned stadium in Birmingham.
Well we played very good G5 teams in both of them and won. Each springboarded us to a better year after it. I also think the bowl games like those were more fun because we got 6 wins at the end of the year or hadn’t been to a bowl in a while. If you start 6-0 and wind up 6-6 in one of those then yeah it probably sucks.

Back