• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

I think that would leave FIU, La Tech, and UTEP as the remaining C-USA members.

If the Sun Belt wanted FIU and La Tech, they’d invite them. I’m guessing FAU wanted to go alone and ULM and ULL are keeping La Tech out.

Hope this means Liberty and WF don’t play their planned series

looks like we have a 2 for 1 with Liberty -

home in 2022
at Liberty in '25
home in '26

Not sure who we could schedule quickly for 2022, but great if we can at least scrap 25-26

we do have two OOC home games next year (VMI and...Army), so if there is an opening somewhere we could take on a road game

Wow. JMU is the preseason favorite in men’s hoop. They are good, but winning the conference championship is their only route to the NCAAs. Feel bad for the basketball players as they had nothing to do with the decision.

Illinois is known for its Atlantic beaches.

Atlantic 10 will now have 15 teams, like the ACC. Bad number. Guessing the A-10 will want to add another to make the count even. I guess the A-10 generates more revenue per school, but the conferences are comparable in basketball power ratings. St. Louis is reasonably close, but otherwise travel will suck, particularly for the non-revenue sports.

The Missouri Valley will now have 9 teams, guessing they will try to poach a team from the Horizon. Maybe Illinois-Chicago to stay in that market (lots of Missouri Valley schools have alums in Chicago).

They’ll still have 10. They added Belmont a few months ago.

Atlantic 10 will now have 15 teams, like the ACC. Bad number. Guessing the A-10 will want to add another to make the count even. I guess the A-10 generates more revenue per school, but the conferences are comparable in basketball power ratings. St. Louis is reasonably close, but otherwise travel will suck, particularly for the non-revenue sports.

The Missouri Valley will now have 9 teams, guessing they will try to poach a team from the Horizon. Maybe Illinois-Chicago to stay in that market (lots of Missouri Valley schools have alums in Chicago).

Notre Dame to the A-10.

I would not be surprised if the Missouri Valley winds up grabbing Illinois-Chicago from the Horizon League and Chicago State winds up replacing them. That would be huge for Chicago State, which has been in the WAC since 2013 (Chicago State already announced they're leaving the WAC after this season).

If the Big 10 is wooing USC and UCLA, you can bet they have and will continue to try to grab a couple from the ACC.

Back