• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

at the highest levels of power is a very funny phrase for this situation.

Wow.. Does the big 12 take the Pac teams? Don't think the ACC can take any PAC teams, but any 12 teams to take to kill them off? SEC and Big 10 stop at 16? Or do they become north south leagues and replace the NCAA.

Could be good or could be bad for the ACC or more directly WF.

If the SEC's and Big 10's recent moves become each conference's final moves to get to 16 teams, then this could help nudge ND into the ACC as the conference's 16th team. With the addition of ND, think the ACC would still have the third seat to the Power conference table.

If the SEC and Big 10 want to destroy the competition and see the Pac 12, Big 12 and ACC topple as power conferences, then they try to make LIV type offers to UNC, Clemson, maybe UVA, FSU or Miami.

my idea before now slightly less good without those two was to merge with Pac 12 and become the Coastals Conference or something like that. Now we take Standford, UW, Arizona, Oregon, Cal, and Colorado and figure it out later. We will probably end up losing schools to the Big10 so might as well add extras to position ourselves for when that happens

Conference Expansion: Texas & Oklahoma to the SEC?

my idea before now slightly less good without those two was to merge with Pac 12 and become the Coastals Conference or something like that. Now we take Standford, UW, Arizona, Oregon, Cal, and Colorado and figure it out later. We will probably end up losing schools to the Big10 so might as well add extras to position ourselves for when that happens

If we were going to lose more schools to the Big Ten, I feel like it would have happened already. We should be glad they were only after TV markets when they took Maryland.

The next move for the ACC is to get every program into whatever the SEC and Big Ten are cooking up.

The Big XII and PAC-whatever aren’t takers when it comes to major conference programs. But I bet the Big XII is kicking themselves for expanding because I’m guessing Pac-whatever teams are more likely to return their phone calls now.

Last edited:
We look at conferences the way we used to look at them. The ACC and the rest are just divisions of the NCAA. Virtually meaningless anymore in terms of rivalries etc.

We look at conferences the way we used to look at them. The ACC and the rest are just divisions of the NCAA. Virtually meaningless anymore in terms of rivalries etc.

Which the ACC fully admitted with those new rivals.

This is turning into somebody leaving NCAA Football 14 in Dynasty Mode for too long

This is turning into somebody leaving NCAA Football 14 in Dynasty Mode for too long

LOL. If someone did all these conference switches in 14 or whatever the last one was where you could do it, we’d say they were crazy.

If we were going to lose more schools to the Big Ten, I feel like it would have happened already. We should be glad they were only after TV markets when they took Maryland.

The next move for the ACC is to get every program into whatever the SEC and Big Ten are cooking up.

The Big XII and PAC-whatever aren’t takers when it comes to major conference programs. But I bet the Big XII is kicking themselves for expanding because I’m guessing Pac-whatever teams are more likely to return their phone calls now.

sure the Pac12 thought the same thing. Whether its the Big10 or SEC, other conferences will come trying to poach some schools. Big XII will certainly try to add Pac 12 schools so they can become 3rd at the table which is why its important for the ACC to move now. If we are hoping the conference places teams into the Big 10 we are going to be left out.

We should grab Oregon, Washington, and Stanford and just call it the Coastal Conference

If I understand some recent comments from the ACC schedule realignment, Wake Forest will be left out of conference realignment because no one wants to play us.

The ACC is about to fall even further behind. Even adding ND wouldn't move the needle at this point.

Conference Expansion: Texas & Oklahoma to the SEC?

sure the Pac12 thought the same thing. Whether its the Big10 or SEC, other conferences will come trying to poach some schools. Big XII will certainly try to add Pac 12 schools so they can become 3rd at the table which is why its important for the ACC to move now. If we are hoping the conference places teams into the Big 10 we are going to be left out.

No. The Big Ten already poached Maryland and it was rumored they approached UNC. The ACC makes more geographic sense. They are raiding the PAC-12 because they couldn’t break the ACC.

The ACC needs to get ND. That’s a no-brainer. Get the numbers together and then go get #16.

Bringing Maryland back to the ACC should be the first move.

Last edited:
No. The Big Ten already poached Maryland and it was rumored they approached UNC. The ACC makes more geographic sense. They are raiding the PAC-12 because they couldn’t break the ACC.

The ACC needs to get ND. That’s a no-brainer. Get the numbers together and then go get #16.

Maryland can go suck and egg. While they have the DC market, their football ain't writing any checks.

The ACC needs to find revenue source to make that plan work.

Maryland nor any school would ever leave the Big 10 to come to the ACC. Geography means nothing, dollars do.

Back