• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Lincoln Riley really hoping that Chargers or Rams job opens up before the merger.

We have to go after Kansas immediately. If geography doesn’t matter then go ahead and approach Washington, Oregon, Cal, and Arizona State (and maybe Stanford).

God this fucking blows. I thought it was bad enough getting stuck with the Techs as rivals. Now we get some random fucking schools in whatever "conference" we end up in that we have absolutely no connection with. At least NC borders GA and VA.

God this fucking blows. I thought it was bad enough getting stuck with the Techs as rivals. Now we get some random fucking schools in whatever "conference" we end up in that we have absolutely no connection with. At least NC borders GA and VA.

I can see the Headlines now.
6/23/2025
ACC unveils new conference schedule...

Wake forest's 3 yearly opponents will be: Portland State, Rice, and Liberty.

Commish Phillips needs full court press on ND football to join the ACC NOW! :willynilly:

Hearing Washington and Oregon could announce the same move as soon as tomorrow.

Finebaum:

FWiAGPGXkAEiP5r

Commish Phillips needs full court press on ND football to join the ACC NOW! :willynilly:

Notre Dame is NOT joining this conference. They didn't do it at any point when it might have made a small amount of sense. They're definitely not going to do it now when it makes absolutely none.

Which ACC schools’ fans beside Clemson and FSU want to leave for the SEC?

Doesn't matter. They all need the money to stay competitive with the SEC and B1G and the ACC cannot provide. Things change.

We're all basically at the mercy of UNC-CH right now.

At this point fans don’t really care as long as their school makes the cut.

Yeah, if fans mattered, the ACC would have just announced WF and NCSU as football rivals

Every single ACC institution would give its figurative left nut to be in the SEC right now

ESPN’s Rittenberg says the idea was initiated by the California schools. That the Big Ten wasn’t looking to expand but “it’s hard to say no.“ Whereas others have had them plotting this ever since they joined The Alliance.

Doesn't matter. They all need the money to stay competitive with the SEC and B1G and the ACC cannot provide. Things change.

We're all basically at the mercy of UNC-CH right now.

You think UNC is a more valuable commodity than Clemson?

Yeah, if fans mattered, the ACC would have just announced WF and NCSU as football rivals

Every single ACC institution would give its figurative left nut to be in the SEC right now

Good point. That announcement made it easier for many fans to sign onto the ACC’s death warrant.

You think UNC is a more valuable commodity than Clemson?

The conference might survive losing Clemson because they are an entity unto themselves right now. Once we lose the North Carolina core, the conference is toast.

Do you think the ACCN knew this was coming and that's why they canned Packer and Durham.

I bet I'm going to lose that channel on my cable subscription and my bill won't even go down.

The B1G would have to waive some existing conference membership requirements to accept the two Cali schools.

Which ACC schools’ fans beside Clemson and FSU want to leave for the SEC?

NC State.

And it becomes survival of the fittest. Since Wake doesn’t have any state government ties (i.e. UNC-NCSU package deal), I’d pursue the possibility if a member of the administration and BOT. Wake has now put their footprint in the CLT area with law, business, and med. Make a deal with the Panthers and play half of home fball games in CLT. Easy enough to fly into CLT.

Back