• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Imo Cuse/BC are the two that come to mind, UVA in football would've been an easy answer given their facilities are... terrible.

The employee thing is something no one just has an answer to.

G-League/relegation is something that is an option, but in reality, the end goal very much just seems like being your P5 combines into 3 places and ends up being this 60+ team conglomerate that breaks away from the NCAA and making their own rules with players being employees and all that jazz, which would render NIL stuff useless given there'd be actual contracts.
Got it. So unless the professional league would ban endorsements, you’re acknowledging current NIL is just pay for play. Well said.

ESPN will have a big say in this matter because they have the money and they are the partner in the GOR. Speculating on what happens in the future is not determined by the athletic directors. ESPN and the university presidents make the final decisions. I doubt that the SEC or B1G would offer more than two invitations each. To do so would likely lower the compensation each school presently receives. Greed has prompted the present situation and greed will determine what happens in the future.

Count on change every step of the way. It is the only constant. I'll continue to watch the Deacs from afar regardless of what happens.

Got it. So unless the professional league would ban endorsements, you’re acknowledging current NIL is just pay for play. Well said.
sigh

Because I feel the need to actually call out bullshit and people putting words in my mouth. No, that's not what I said.

sigh

Because I feel the need to actually call out bullshit and people putting words in my mouth. No, that's not what I said.
It was a joke, that whole argument is pointless in this context. Dishonest payment schemes pail in comparison to realignment as far as problems impacting collegiate athletics.

Biggest jerkoff motion possible

What kind of revenue sharing model is going to keep an ACC "competitive" with SEC making about double ACC teams in a few years?

What kind of revenue sharing model is going to keep an ACC "competitive" with SEC making about double ACC teams in a few years?
Maybe he realizes that it’s just “fuck you” money that you can’t really do anything to make your program better with at some point. Doubtful though.

I’m waiting for the day when a Big Ten Chancellor/President reminds the football coach who owns the brand and takes $30 million in TV money to build a new LAW building.
Roughly 40% of a single year’s revenue.

Maybe he realizes that it’s just “fuck you” money that you can’t really do anything to make your program better with at some point. Doubtful though.
I definitely think he's appealing to FSU fans' sense of superiority.

Back