• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

John Currie had this chart in his From The Quad and these numbers seem very sus to me.

Screenshot_2023-08-09_at_8.11.11_PM.png
Ditto. Read the email and was like where in the holy hell did those numbers come from.

Wow UNC's out of state acceptance rate is only 8%. Wake's (overall) is 25%. We are indeed 3rd tier, at best.
Very few out of state kids are admitted there- like 5% of the student body. The in-state acceptance rate is higher than WF. Moreover, kids can easily transfer into UNC from community colleges in NC and transfer most of the credits.Not so at WF, which doesn’t lose many kids to flunking out or transfer and doesn’t accept a lot of community college transfers. I know tons of people who transferred to UNC who didn’t have a snowballs chance in hell to be admitted out of high school.

John Currie had this chart in his From The Quad and these numbers seem very sus to me.

Screenshot_2023-08-09_at_8.11.11_PM.png
Agreed. No way to 2.5M people care about BC or Pitt.

BC is at a low point. I won't deny that. Terrible coaching hires. But Wall Street Journal's "College Football Value Rankings" from 2019 had BC ranked ahead of Wake, albeit barely. Only P5 schools (at the time) supposedly behind us were Duke, Rutgers and West Virginia.

https://graphics.wsj.com/table/NCAA_2019

Any realistic fan of either school knows what our future holds. Wake and BC will go down with the ship. We, along with Duke, may be the only ones not picked up by B12, B1G, or SEC. Yes, I could see Syracuse, Pitt, GT, and Louisville all being picked up before us.

I bet nobody asks Ben Sutton what his GPA was at Wake nor what tier his Wake Forest law degree was?
He got into law school. Not sure he attended much. But yeah, he has done pretty well with no law license. He’s one of those WF losers who have made so many bad decisions on WF athletics DR talks about. He and Bob Mcreary.

I do agree Wake, Pitt, BC, and Cuse are all in the same boat. Duke MAY have a slight leg up with basketball but I'm not sure basketball really means anything at this point.

Here's the Girls of the ACC Tiers:

Tier 1(0 beers): Carolina, FSU, Clemson
Tier 2 (0-4 beers depending on the sorority): Virginia, Miami, Wake Forest, Cuse
Tier 3(3-7 beers): NC State, Pitt, BC, Louisville
Tier 4(12 beers a shot of tequila and a slippery nipple): VA tech, Ga tech, duke
VT has some very hot girls. And so does App St. Always has.

Back