• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Does state think they are going to be better off in the big 12?

I mean it’s possible that they voted against it for a reason other than “we’re not gonna strengthen the Acc hand when we’re gonna try to launch ourselves out as soon as we can” like unc fsu and Clemson did. But just truly an LOL for me

Honestly, without further expansion and creation of two large divisions, I think that adding two teams on the west coast is a horrible idea. Maybe think bigger and combine with those schools + Mountain West to ease travel and stress on athletes, most of whom participate in non-revenue sports.

But guess those 4 don’t see the value of adding those teams vs. getting a bigger check somewhere else. Or conditioning their vote on larger revenue shares.

But NCSU?

Based on rankings that I’ve seen (small sample size), I don’t see them getting Clemson, FSU, UNC and Miami (maybe) money. More in line with Virginia and Virginia Tech than those top three.

Stanford would add a premier brand, and Cal would be more in line with the next tier Pitt, Wake, Duke, Georgia Tech and Louisville.

Buncha Brickyard-type State lunkheads feel threatened by them librul California types

I see zero chance the SEC or Big 10 would want NC State. At absolute best they are 6th choice among ACC schools. And that is probably being kind. The schools they’d pursue would likely be Clemson, FSU, UNC, Miami and maybe UVa. So for them to torpedo expansion is baffling.

I see zero chance the SEC or Big 10 would want NC State. At absolute best they are 6th choice among ACC schools. And that is probably being kind. The schools they’d pursue would likely be Clemson, FSU, UNC, Miami and maybe UVa. So for them to torpedo expansion is baffling.

But they would definitely get a B12 offer along with VT and a few others. And that's a better option than a depleted ACC consisting of a bunch of small private schools: Wake, Duke, BC, and Syracuse.

Well the Big 12 is definitely a better choice if potential choices are consistently jettisoned by the ACC until after schools leave the ACC in a few years.

Sounds delicious, but “heirloom watermelon” hahahahahahahahahahaha

I assumed it had tomatoes in it, but it was straight watermelon.

Still awesome though. Black Powder in Jamestown never disappoints.

Hot if you like Birkenstock wearing, granola girls who don't shave their pits.

Me personally I like my ECU girls (married one). They may not be the brightest but they like to fuck and party!
No. Not at all. That’s Western. App has a rep from the 60s they never could shake that it’s all stoners and hippies. I lived there for 8 years. Sorority girls outnumber hippies at least 4 to 1. If someone else on here lived in Boone longer than I did and thinks I am wrong speak up. Otherwise, I call BS to anyone who calls my testimony BS.

No. Not at all. That’s Western. App has a rep from the 60s they never could shake that it’s all stoners and hippies. I lived there for 8 years. Sorority girls outnumber hippies at least 4 to 1. If someone else on here lived in Boone longer than I did and thinks I am wrong speak up. Otherwise, I call BS to anyone who calls my testimony BS.

Wake grads are basically filled to the brim with shit about how smart they are and how awesome their school is because of what assholes their teachers were about grading, and how expensive it is. Once I realized this I started feeling a lot better about myself and the world around me because I was buying into it too. Guess what, the vast majority of employers and graduate schools don't view a 3.3 at NCSU and a 2.8 at Wake all that differently, and you have a huge network of NCSU grads who have no hesitation about bringing you into an entry level college grad job as long as you can get through an interview without stepping on your dick.

On the other hand, we are pretty fucking smart.

Last edited:
Back