• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

I’d be pretty surprised at this point if we don’t get an announcement in the next few days about SMU Stanford Cal. FSU obviously isn’t changing their vote. Clemson may. State and UNC will ultimately flip you’d have to imagine. It benefits them to have some level of stability for the shorter term even if (especially if?) FSU keeps rocking the boat

I’d be pretty surprised at this point if we don’t get an announcement in the next few days about SMU Stanford Cal. FSU obviously isn’t changing their vote. Clemson may. State and UNC will ultimately flip you’d have to imagine. It benefits them to have some level of stability for the shorter term even if (especially if?) FSU keeps rocking the boat
If the vote happens, then at least one and most likely three schools flipped. I think Clemson understands the realities of the GoR.

Clemson has more history in the ACC than FSU and would rather be a big fish in a slightly smaller pond. I also don't think they're as worried about being overtaken by middling SEC programs.

If the vote happens, then at least one and most likely three schools flipped. I think Clemson understands the realities of the GoR.
I think State is the most likely to flip. Also think if one flips that the other two (not you FSU fuck off) flip as well for a 14-1 vote.

I've read speculation that if one vote flips, Phillips will push hard to get the others to also vote yes for sake of appearance. But I won't be surprised if FSU still holds out.

I could see FSU using the hurricane as an excuse to not vote and Phillips gets his unanimous vote.

Atlantic Coast Conference university leaders are set to meet Friday morning as the league tries to come to a decision on expanding West with Stanford, California and SMU, a person with direct knowledge of the meeting told The Associated Press.

Clemson has more history in the ACC than FSU and would rather be a big fish in a slightly smaller pond. I also don't think they're as worried about being overtaken by middling SEC programs.
I also think the ADs are smart enough To make the payouts for conf winners to be As good if not better than other conferences so a big carrot for programs confident in their success. Hence why fsu will continue to not vote for it.

Atlantic Coast Conference university leaders are set to meet Friday morning as the league tries to come to a decision on expanding West with Stanford, California and SMU, a person with direct knowledge of the meeting told The Associated Press.

They’re waiting on our dominant victory tonight and then they can proceed. We’re setting the conference tone.

Back