• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

UNC student-athletes, coaches, alumni, and fans wouldn't even have to travel much.

Good thing the UNC board of trustees don't have any actual power

Apparently local news confirmed it's real. However it's based on "one on one conversations". Let's hope the board heard that they are voting yes and are releasing this because they are butthurt.

Sometimes I wonder if SMU hasn’t just snuck into this conversation and is hoping nobody really sits up and takes notice of how strange it is that they’re being included before the vote occurs.

They’re not hugely popular in Texas, and they’re not going be remotely geographically close to any other conference school. Seems really odd to me if they’re not coming in with another Texas partner.

And if it helps the ACC stay alive, I’m all for it. But that school had never been mentioned in conversation with Stanford and Cal before now, and suddenly they’re the three amigos.

Yep, makes sense. But every single road athletic contest they’ll play in any sport will require massive travel logistics and cost. More power to them for signing up for that while also accepting less money. Helps us. I’m sure despite all that they’re also elated.

Assuming it happens and fucking UNC and their drunk cousin NC state dont ruin it..

Yep, makes sense. But every single road athletic contest they’ll play in any sport will require massive travel logistics and cost. More power to them for signing up for that while also accepting less money. Helps us. I’m sure despite all that they’re also elated.
SMU is already doing that in the AAC. In the ACC, they'll travel to the Triangle and Winston instead of Greenville and Charlotte. They'll travel to Tallahassee and Miami instead of Tampa and Boca Raton. Atlanta instead of Birmingham. So forth and so on.

They are elated. Winning lottery ticket for them. Could be the biggest winner of the whole expansion thing.

Back