• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

giphy.gif

FSU certainly in the running for most insane and out of touch with reality fan base out there. Their social media presence is horrifiyingly dumb.

Folks who practice in this area can chime in, but I'd imagine the FSU challenge rises and falls on whether or not the withdrawal $$$ is a "punitive" measure or actually tied to real media rights $$$ (or at least a good faith effort to use that total as a proxy for actual "damages.")

I wrote a whole law school paper about this in the context of Maryland leaving the ACC but that was years ago and I don't remember a damn thing.

I honestly subscribe to the theory that ESPN is behind all this and using/playing FSU to get out of their own bad contract with the ACC when they been losing money.

If any other schools thought this was a good idea then they’d be joining FSU in the lawsuit.

If any other schools thought this was a good idea then they’d be joining FSU in the lawsuit.
No they are just smart enough to let FSU be the sacrificial lamb and FSU is dumb enough to take the bait. Plus, it's "Florida". This will push the FSU hatred to a whole new level. Maybe most hated teams in sports.

No they are just smart enough to let FSU be the sacrificial lamb and FSU is dumb enough to take the bait. Plus, it's "Florida". This will push the FSU hatred to a whole new level. Maybe most hated teams in sports.
They also realize that leaving is not a good decision. They care about winning more than money and don’t have an inflated sense of self-worth about where they’d end up.

Its fun being a Braves and FSU fan where we are already hated due to our native american names and then all this drama.

These legal “theories” proposed by the FSU fan base are absolutely hilarious. ACC Network was 4 years behind schedule !

Do FSU fans attempt to fancy themselves “the most hated team in sports”? They’re not even the most hated team in college football.

This might be best thing to happen for ACC and Wake’s interests - $500 mm is enough to likely keep UNC, Clemson, UVA happy. I could care less if Miami leaves

I honestly don’t understand why fans keep screaming about the money. It doesn’t help most programs in the SEC and Big 10 be competitive. There are still a finite number of P5 level players. The AD cares about money. I still think there is very little correlation between money and on-field success.

They made it in 2019 and got boat-raced by Clemson
No, that was the 2018 season, hence the "last 5 years" comment, but whatever - that was they year they lucked into a dream schedule. Put another way they have 2 playoff appearances in their history and one was the single year they were ACC members.

Back