• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

James Madison, Appalachian, Coastal, ECU, VT, BC, Louisville.

Duke will get the Big East life raft.

I think you can safely assume Clemson knows where it is going (Big Ten I guess)? Otherwise, there would be no reason to file the suit.
You’re questioning the decision making of politically successful people in the state of SC and FL?

Is it possible Clemson and FSU inject some life into the Big XII? It wouldn't be a great option, but it would give the conference more leverage and $. But I don't see how it would be a leg up on the current situation in the ACC.

I think you can safely assume Clemson knows where it is going (Big Ten I guess)? Otherwise, there would be no reason to file the suit.
Unfortunately, yes.

So, I am guessing that at least FSU and Clemson, if not, more will officially withdraw from the ACC before the August 15 deadline, which would mean the 2024-5 academic year would be their last season in the ACC. Now that these suits are filed, their GOR payments would be the subject of a bona fide dispute, resulting in FSU and Clemson claiming no payments are due until the lawsuits are resolved.

Biggest question for me in all of this is why was the ACC never able to get its own TV channel. Don't just point to Bubba or whatever. It just seems this issue has never been fully explained.

Wait, I thought you people were telling me we were going to get a bunch of money from FSU. When is that coming ?

Sure seems like it. Are they saying there could be damages if the ACC uses the GoR as a lever to prevent the move?

First time I’ve really felt like we may be fucked. This is happening too soon so a few schools will go to the Big 12. I was hoping we’d at least end up with State, Duke, and VT.

I'm fine with us being in an ACC more like what the conference was 30 years ago. More regional matchups with the occasional trips to/from our Texas and California brethren. The Big 10 and SEC have already crapped on everyone else with respect to the CFP and will run that show from here on out, so what's it matter if we're in a reworked ACC? The ACC isn't at the CFP table today and won't be. I hope Clemson enjoys their big paychecks and getting to be the new Nebraska. Nice bank balance and irrelevancy.

if the GOR inhibits their ability to explore other options or whatever, why the fuck did they sign it
It is a contract, like any other contract. It should be binding, since neither party was under duress. That said, this is a lawsuit like most other lawsuits, where the goal isn't to win, but to settle at some lesser number without actually following through on the case.

Back