• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Congrats to Grobe and Lobo

I'm impressed you guys still care as much as you do. I used to care. Used to watch football and basketball games and experience emotions. Those days are gone. I put these games on the tv ("watch" is too strong since mostly I'm surfing the net or whatever) and I might as well be observing 2 random teams. I just flat out don't care at all. If not for being a participant of this board, I'd likely be totally out on Wake sports. This lifeless athletics program has killed my fandom.

I didn't even know we were playing last night until 10:45 when I happened to look at this board - something I do only occasionally now. I started at Wake in the fall of '76 and have been a die hard ever since. In 79, I attended every game, from the Makovic's Meatballs Miracle in Athens to the Tangerine Bowl. I've loved even the bad seasons in football and basketball because I always felt like at least the people in leadership positions cared and there was hope that we'd turn it around soon.

I don't feel that way anymore. Even though I've loved the school for 30+ years. Even though my daughter attended and graduated in '09. Even though it's the connection to the best friends I have. Despite all this, I honestly can't stand anything about the school right now. There is zero emotional connection and now zero financial connection. Don't see that changing any time soon if ever again.

This is what our Coaching staff does to motivate the Offensive Line:

A weekly award board

BTGK3LdCEAIqeDb.jpg

Wtf is the last one? A tissue?

The one who can rub one out the fastest?

I'm impressed you guys still care as much as you do. I used to care. Used to watch football and basketball games and experience emotions. Those days are gone. I put these games on the tv ("watch" is too strong since mostly I'm surfing the net or whatever) and I might as well be observing 2 random teams. I just flat out don't care at all. If not for being a participant of this board, I'd likely be totally out on Wake sports. This lifeless athletics program has killed my fandom.

Yep.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Back