• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Congrats to Grobe and Lobo

No he didn't sound upbeat, but didn't say anything to make me think much will change. Trotted out the ever popular, "the coaches need to see if we are asking our players to do too much." That's a Grobe favorite.

Wake the Demons

and Wake the Coaches while you're at it

Huh? Is this a joke?

ACCOffice, you're a staunch Grobe guy. What's your take?

Staunch is too strong a word. Last 6 years have been really disappointing.
2 mil a year is twice what he should be making. And five losing seasons in a row against a weak ACC should get you fired. Offense looked like it didn't have a clue.

No he didn't sound upbeat, but didn't say anything to make me think much will change. Trotted out the ever popular, "the coaches need to see if we are asking our players to do too much." That's a Grobe favorite.

Hahahaha - I asked after the Presby game how many games until we would hear that. I thought it would at least be 4-5 games before hearing it. 2 games - nice!!

He didn't sound upbeat, but he didn't sound like he was upset to me either.

Their stubbornness to continue with the option almost infuriates me as much as Ron's stubbornness to stick with Buzz.

Being a Wake fan fucking sucks. I don't give a shit anymore.

Their stubbornness to continue with the option almost infuriates me as much as Ron's stubbornness to stick with Buzz.

Being a Wake fan fucking sucks. I don't give a shit anymore.

I am right there.

Watching our 'excited O" players stare at the sideline for 22-23 seconds of the play clock, to run a play for loss yardage, all the while looking like they are watching a film on gastropod molluscs mating.....now seen it for 3-4 years.....

He didn't sound upbeat, but he didn't sound like he was upset to me either.

I think he is probably upset, but the problem is we need somebody on the sideline with some emotion and Grobe just doesn't have that personality. We need some emotion. The BC coach impresses me, tough and emotional. Of course Wellman probably wouldn't want to hire someone like that, he drinks beer on the beach.

Yeah, and reads muscle car mags. No culture.

The staunch Grobe defenders stop being so staunch when the games roll around

I think he is probably upset, but the problem is we need somebody on the sideline with some emotion and Grobe just doesn't have that personality. We need some emotion. The BC coach impresses me, tough and emotional. Of course Wellman probably wouldn't want to hire someone like that, he drinks beer on the beach.

I could handle Grobe's personality if he had fired-up guys around him still, like Hood, Calhoun, and Lambert. Only animation on our sideline are the 3 QBs signaling in the plays. Tanner goes back to his Spanish study cubicle and puts the headset on, Jim folds his arms and keeps a straight face, and all the other coaches pretend they are department managers in a warehouse.....where is the guy who will yell at the players when they do good or bad, will slap a butt, and say, "We can win this thing!"?....guess they don't because they don't believe it deep down...

People make fun of Dabo for being a figurehead, but Grobe doesn't seem like much more than that. Difference is Dabo makes less money, actually does motivate players (and the fanbase, imagine!), and hires really good coordinators. Meanwhile, we have Stonewall Grobe and Lobo. Fuck us.

People make fun of Dabo for being a figurehead, but Grobe doesn't seem like much more than that. Difference is Dabo makes less money, actually does motivate players (and the fanbase, imagine!), and hires really good coordinators. Meanwhile, we have Stonewall Grobe and Lobo. Fuck us.

Hey I've given Dabo tons of credit. I don't think he can coach a lick, but he's smart in that he went out and got great assistants and he can focus on recruiting.

Socrates: "I know that I know nothing."

Possibly the only time Dabo Swinney has been compared to Socrates

Grobe and Lobo, thanks for your past service and success in '06-'07...now please retire after this year. Take Wellman and Bzzz with you.

I just finished watching the game on DVR. I went to the Yankees-Red Sox game which was a good decision. It was actually enjoyable to watch. So glad I didn't skip it to watch that train wreck of a game.

Some observations -

We can't run the option. I like Tanner. I think he has an arm and although he has some accuracy issues, I think he could be pretty effective with short passes. We also happen to have a great slot receiver in Camp. It's beyond words what we tried to do tonight. I don't know if our coaches haven't spent enough time on the option, or we don't have the right players, whatever. Clearly after 3 fumbles from similar plays one should conclude that approach is a massive failure. We have had success with many of these same players running different plays. And yet we kept running the option.

A quote often attributed to Einstein, "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results." Our coaching staff is insane. Were they really shocked when we continued to fumble? Was that the game plan?

Josh Harris. Physical specimen. Glad the NCAA cleared him this year. No idea why he keeps getting carries. Maybe he really is our best back (sad, if true). He doesn't gain positive yards. Other running backs have struggled, too but it seems like Josh goes down the easiest (he always has). It's funny, some teams play 5 wide every down and they actually win games!

Goal line plays. I get it, we couldn't do anything in the running game. Why not at least try a pass? A trick play? Something involving Camp? Good things happen when he touches the ball.

This one (and the many more to come) is on the coaches. BC is not a better football team, that is clear. We had a terrible game plan and executed poorly. When we saw it wasn't working, we stuck with it. Inexplicable.

Why was Martin not in for the short yardage runs on the 1st and goal from the 3? It would take a moron not to see he was the best inside runner between tackles last year.....on the last goal-line situation he was in and got 2-3 yards inside. Why was Harris even in there for the first goal-line attempts....mind-boggling...

Back