• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Consolidated Bracketology Thread 3/12/23 updates

Vt going to be beat unc and duke to win acc and go to ncaa. Wake couldn’t beat BC. *sigh*

And the crazy part is they were a miracle shot from being ousted by Clemson. They would have had 0% chance of the NCAA if that didn't fall.

And the crazy part is they were a miracle shot from being ousted by Clemson. They would have had 0% chance of the NCAA if that didn't fall.

We pull out an improbable win against 'cuse at home, that doesn't happen we are not even in the discussion.

Meanwhile, Conor is tweeting about how Duke still deserves a #1 seed.

(just kidding)

Les doing yeoman's work
723d2b7d36b8fd483effc51fb249db06.jpg

Anyone think we actually have a chance tomorrow?

No. I don’t think you can lose to Clemson and BC in the last 2 weeks and argue you should be in over other teams with similar resumes. I don’t see a data point outside of total wins to justify Wake in.

Last edited:

Maybe I’m foolish, but I think there’s an outside shot we sneak in. Could see VT, Duke, ND, Miami, UNC and Wake to make it six bids instead of five. Fear our non-conf. schedule is going to work against us heavily, though.

I actually think we do have a chance. ACC POY and COY and Wake has done a good job lobbying for bowl games. I would think there is some behind the scene lobbying going on. Plus, the bracketology is never completely accurate. There are always surprises. I think we could be one.

No

No, Wake's chances basically ended when it lost its opening Tournament game.
When you are clearly on the bubble (as Wake was) you cannot lose that opening game as other teams will win and pass you.

VT winning the ACC is both a positive and negative for Wake. It makes Wake's resume look better, but it takes a spot from the field, which Wake could really not afford.
I'd put the odds of getting a bid at under 2%.

Back