• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Consolidated Bracketology Thread 3/12/23 updates

I would be shocked. Alondes is a fringe second round pick, not like he's going to play his way out of the lottery. Playing basketball is fun. If WF wins three (probably all at home) games, they can have another pre-NIT Final 4 tomahawk steak dinner at Peter Lugar's; this time DR can give the motivational sermon citing how Phil Mickelson overcame countless barriers as a rich kid from the hard scrabble fairways of San Diego to earn millions and rub elbows with rich Saudis and the White Shark. Riveting.

lol

It's really not possible. It's an artificial construct designed to torture Wake fans.

e7c567639a08dff1ef2c60d4c4dcef30.gif

Yeah, honestly, it sucks so bad. But at least we don't have to sweat out any more bubble games, we can enjoy the stuff you just mentioned, and we are ahead of schedule in Forbes' rebuild, IMO. I'm as bummed as everyone else, and had to text Mako earlier for some comfort, but it's time we accept our *destiny* and enjoy what Forbes is doing. Would be awesome to hang an NIT banner, but it's going to be a challenge. Will be a lot of solid teams.

Here's to a good portal season!

This “ahead of schedule” talk sounds like that RChill22 poster after the First Four year. I feel better about Forbes than Manning obviously, but being ahead of schedule means winning in March and showing some stability. If we don’t bring most of the guys who can leave back, my optimism is solely based on Forbes’ track record at ETSU.

A&M winning today doesn't clearly move them above us. If they win again tomorrow though that'd be a different story.

Only way we get squeezed out at least at the moment is if the committee deems a team Lunardi currently has out is in gets above us, and those teams have pretty flimsy resumes -- Indiana already had some quality wins and may have gotten in anyway. What would really fuck us is bid steals, but there haven't been any as of yet.

Long story short, TL;DR, keep the faith

from nothing burgers to tomahawk steaks!

Cinderella story baby!

Also pretty hilarious the level of freakout to one upset loss to a BC team that almost beat Miami yesterday. Mentioning Forbes and Manning in the same post???? Writing off the rest of the massive improvement this season???

Grow some brain cells, folks

Assuming we still have a chance, how worried should we be about Cincy over Houston?

e7c567639a08dff1ef2c60d4c4dcef30.gif

This “ahead of schedule” talk sounds like that RChill22 poster after the First Four year. I feel better about Forbes than Manning obviously, but being ahead of schedule means winning in March and showing some stability. If we don’t bring most of the guys who can leave back, my optimism is solely based on Forbes’ track record at ETSU.

Yeah, I was torn on posting that. It's all relative, and relative to the past decade, I think we're ahead of schedule. We need to load up our non con schedule next season. I have faith in Forbes building a strong roster. There will be plenty of ballers in the portal.

A&M winning today doesn't clearly move them above us. If they win again tomorrow though that'd be a different story.

Only way we get squeezed out at least at the moment is if the committee deems a team Lunardi currently has out is in gets above us, and those teams have pretty flimsy resumes -- Indiana already had some quality wins and may have gotten in anyway. What would really fuck us is bid steals, but there haven't been any as of yet.

Long story short, TL;DR, keep the faith

yeah, we ain't dead yet but we need Davidson to win their conference, and it would be nice if Iowa could win today by 50

Dudes, we have a 0.0% chance. I'm the biggest biased Wake homer out there. It's over. We will most likely be a 1 seed in the NIT. Depending on some other results the next couple days, could drop to a 2 seed.

This Jackson kid from A&M spitting truth: FTs are easy money, free money, gotta hit those. Deacs should have him give the next motivational speech.

What the actual fuck with Rutgers. Cannot imagine what infinitesimal odds all of these games going against Wake's hopes would be.

Dudes, we have a 0.0% chance. I'm the biggest biased Wake homer out there. It's over. We will most likely be a 1 seed in the NIT. Depending on some other results the next couple days, could drop to a 2 seed.

I get not wanting to get your hopes up but this isn't correct.

I pointed out people were wrong to assume we were in the field earlier on. The opposite is true now too

It's fairly obvious the team wasn't the only thing that melted down this week. The boards and most of us individually have melted down. We're crazy talkn

I get not wanting to get your hopes up but this isn't correct.

I pointed out people were wrong to assume we were in the field earlier on. The opposite is true now too

I think we'll be a 2 seed in the NIT. Although ACC COY and POY is somewhat attractive as a "marquee" team.

ESPN thinks North Texas has a shot at an at-large, they just lost in the C-USA semis.

Back