• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conspiracy Theories

Doofus, the conspiracy theories are pretty widespread for 9/11. Most of the theorists think it was a cruise missile that hit the Pentagon and that explosive charges hastened the demise of the towers.

The most convincing one, I think, is that US fighters shot down the Pennsylvania airliner at 9/11 that the passengers supposedly took down themselves.

The 18 month MJ suspension, as well as the rigged Ewing lottery, are two theories I completely believe in. David Stern is a shady dude.

The most convincing one, I think, is that US fighters shot down the Pennsylvania airliner at 9/11 that the passengers supposedly took down themselves.

I agree on this one. Definitely seems plausible.

Right, I could get on board with this one because it would make sense from a governmental standpoint to do that if they don't know where the plane was headed.

The Jeff [Redacted] hire was a sanction from the NCAA because the Demon Deacon was a pederass.

i think another hard time i have w/ conspiracy theories is that i work in municipal government, and just the day-to-day mundane tasks seem so ...small-picture. it's difficult to wrap my brain around the scope of the federal government and people involved to even fathom bad things like that taking place. i feel like i could just as easily be working for the feds, and i could never begin to be involved in something like that... it almost seems like a personal affront when people blame teh gov't (because i am the gov't, in a very, very small way).

there's a movie called 'loose change'. it just makes me mad to watch (but i have watched it).

I had a stupid friend from high school who forced me to watch that shit. Wasn't the theory that the Fed was keeping the gold reserve below the towers and the crash was a cover up to move the gold and say it was destroyed?

this is probably the one conspiracy theory that i really buy in to. they'd be dealing with lawsuits out the wazoo if they admitted that they shot down a plane. but it was the right call if the plane had been hijacked. it makes sense to claim that the passengers took it down.

I don't believe the moon landing was a hoax, but I don't believe it was broadcast live without technical issues.

I had a stupid friend from high school who forced me to watch that shit. Wasn't the theory that the Fed was keeping the gold reserve below the towers and the crash was a cover up to move the gold and say it was destroyed?

it was something ridiculous. i just hate all the 'physics' they use to 'prove' things. for every ridiculous premise they have, there is an equally logical explanation for why it happened the way it did.

I've never heard of this "loose change" movie, but I think I'll go ahead and not watch it.

yeah, don't. ...unless you just want to drink a bit first and yell drunkenly at your TV.

they're similar in that you know what you're getting yourself into each time, but it hits home on a more visceral level. Wake Sports leave me sad (yet hopeful that maybe some day things will change), Loose Change left me angry.

Normally Popular Mechanics does a pretty good job with these debunking articles. I don't really believe either way, but this one didn't really convince me that couldn't have been shot down.

The main thing it did for me is point out the number of people that would have to be sitting on the secret and never slip up.

Back