• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Corchiani and Gugliotta just ejected from RBC

In other ACC news, Maryland got Butlerized by UVA in the second half of their matchup today. Tied 31-31 at halftime, UVA outscored the Terps 40-13 in the second half. Ouch.

Gary Williams - still fucking Maryland basketball from the grave!

Half of me wants Reff to come by and have a battle royale with keeper over this, blindly defending Emperor Karl in the process.

keeper and Karl Hess can both be wrong, that fact probably helps me sleep at night.

Security normally relocates folks about which officials complain.

Who are Corchiani and Gugliotta? Seriously. I've heard of a former NBA player named Gugliotta (see below) but never of Corchiani...

tom-gugliotta-card.jpg

I think keeper is right about this. Isn't Hess the reff who blew the call about the clock or something that got so much publicity a few weeks ago. Goodman or Katz listed how many games he had worked in the prior two weeks.

Not a huge college hoops fan outside of following the Deacs since 1998. If these guys getting ejected from a game is noteworthy then it's probably a quick explanation. Instead of being a douchebag about it why don't you humor me.

Both played at State in the late 80s/early 90s. Some of V's last recruits I think. Gugliotta was all ACC and played in the NBA as you see above. Power forward. Corchianni was a point guard from Miami who owned the ACC career assist record for a time. Was part of "Fire and Ice" guard combo with Rodney Monroe. Then Les Robison arrived and State hoops went in the tank.

I had no idea who Corchiani was either. Also had no idea in order to be a man you have to have an extensive knowledge of mildly good ACC players from the early 90's.

I had no idea who Corchiani was either. Also had no idea in order to be a man you have to have an extensive knowledge of mildly good ACC players from the early 90's.

They were just a little better than mildly good.

Thanks for the explanations. Was thinking it was pretty rough that Corchiani is the #2 assists guy all time in NCAA history but only got 243 in the NBA.... but then I saw that Ed Cota is #3 on the NCAA all time and got zero in the NBA. Rougher.

Mildly good - Corchiani 2nd all-time ACC in assists, #1 in ACC assists per game at 8.4. 51 career 10+ assist games (next best 33), had at least 10 games of 10 assists all four years.

Monroe - 5th most points all time in the ACC. 21st in points per game at 20.6/gm. Tied for first with two others for most 20 point games in a season with 28.

As a side note, IIRC, Wake beat State @ State on their Senior day, which essentially locked up our 1st NCAA bid since 1984.

Also Vitale used to drool all over them like he does with everyone on dook now.

Back