• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Corchiani and Gugliotta just ejected from RBC

will someone explain the rabbit ears thing? never heard that before (please don't chastise me)

You're probably over thinking it. Rabbits have big ears, so it mainly refers to officials who are always listening for things that players, coaches, fans, etc. say rather than ignoring them unless they are particularly egregious

and in other news...

Just when you think Virginia and Tony Bennett are falling apart...they rebound and beat Maryland by 27 points.

I am so jealous of Virginia's program right now.

Corch is a good guy

Whoever was saying corch is a horrible person I have to disagree. He married a local girl from raleigh and every time I have visited with him he could not have been nicer. He always speaks to me first and always speaks to my son as well. He is also very humble. I got no problem with him bitching at Karl Hess. Good grief, why would you ever referee if you didn't expect to be yelled at.

Karl Hess should be fired for being a big effing baby. Unless they called his mother something nasty this is dumbest thing I have ever heard. chris has 4 kids, two who are younger, I know he didn't swear at the official.

I've also met Corch a few times. I have a buddy from NC State who works with Corch and Corch couldn't be a nicer guy. Seeing him and Googs ejected was one of the oddest things I've ever seen at a basketball game. Hess is a loser.

Whoever was saying corch is a horrible person I have to disagree. He married a local girl from raleigh and every time I have visited with him he could not have been nicer. He always speaks to me first and always speaks to my son as well. He is also very humble. I got no problem with him bitching at Karl Hess. Good grief, why would you ever referee if you didn't expect to be yelled at.

Karl Hess should be fired for being a big effing baby. Unless they called his mother something nasty this is dumbest thing I have ever heard. chris has 4 kids, two who are younger, I know he didn't swear at the official.

Check the link above. He told the media nobody used any profanity or said anything out of line, and makes the point his kids were there. He also says Hess asked security to remove another fan who criticized him.

Corchiani is a good guy. He's been nothing but gracious the times I have been around him.

and in other news...

Just when you think Virginia and Tony Bennett are falling apart...they rebound and beat Maryland by 27 points.

I am so jealous of Virginia's program right now.

I'm not sure why you'd want to aspire to be UVA. This is their first tournament team in 5 or 6 years, and they're gonna be bad again when Mike Scott's 30 year old ass finally graduates.

I'm not sure why you'd want to aspire to be UVA. This is their first tournament team in 5 or 6 years, and they're gonna be bad again when Mike Scott's 30 year old ass finally graduates.

:wtf:

Just spoke to Karl. He was actually perfectly justified. There's a bit of a history there. It all traces back, more or less, to a single word. Unitard.

haha...had to give it to you buddy. You should know that. That is deserving of a negative point if there ever was a deserving offense :)

Those not knowing who Corchiani is made me feel really old. :D He was definitely one of the best college point guards ever.

LOL

"The ACC supervisor of officials John Clougherty released a statement regarding the ejection, but it does not offer much clarity as to why Hess felt the need to eject Corchiani and Gugliotta.

"Under Rule 10, when circumstances warrant, an official has the authority to request home game management to eject fans when the behavior, in the officials' judgement, is extreme or excessive. It's unfortunate in this instance that ACC protocol of communicating directly with the home game management was not followed, and instead, a building security officer was solicited. We will re-communicate this policy with all officials to ensure proper protocol is followed."

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/voices/blogpost/10750725/

Saw on twitter that Yow released a statement and is really pissed.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

LOL

"The ACC supervisor of officials John Clougherty released a statement regarding the ejection, but it does not offer much clarity as to why Hess felt the need to eject Corchiani and Gugliotta.

"Under Rule 10, when circumstances warrant, an official has the authority to request home game management to eject fans when the behavior, in the officials' judgement, is extreme or excessive. It's unfortunate in this instance that ACC protocol of communicating directly with the home game management was not followed, and instead, a building security officer was solicited. We will re-communicate this policy with all officials to ensure proper protocol is followed."

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/voices/blogpost/10750725/

So, it was a problem with 'protocol'. What a joke of a response.

Gugs was at the game with his daughter. Corch was there with his wife and 11 year old daughter. I'm sure they drunk and disorderly.

Back