• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Corchiani and Gugliotta just ejected from RBC

I have to admit, Karl is quickly moving up on Lenny Whirtz as my all time hated ACC ref... and I thought I would never say that!

(I might have dated myself with this comment.)

LOL

"The ACC supervisor of officials John Clougherty released a statement regarding the ejection, but it does not offer much clarity as to why Hess felt the need to eject Corchiani and Gugliotta.

"Under Rule 10, when circumstances warrant, an official has the authority to request home game management to eject fans when the behavior, in the officials' judgement, is extreme or excessive. It's unfortunate in this instance that ACC protocol of communicating directly with the home game management was not followed, and instead, a building security officer was solicited. We will re-communicate this policy with all officials to ensure proper protocol is followed."

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/voices/blogpost/10750725/

Two guys who never left their seats (according to video) during the episode, until evicted, were behaving in a manner considered EXTREME and EXCESSIVE? Furthermore, what in the hell does this buffoon mean by stating that "home game management was not followed"? Hess pointed to both of them and then to the cop to remove them. Spare me the whole protocol bullshit.

One can only hope that ESPN and other media outlets don't back off of this story. Some, not all, of these officials need to be exposed for the frauds they are. It's time for this Clougherty clown to be taken to the mat and AD's to stand up to this crap.

It was mentioned on Pack Pride that Hess talked to an assistant AD shortly before this happened. I am thinking the AAD said that Hess could summon the heat to remove the two. That's just a surmise.

How soon will it be before the league sends this guy back to Raleigh?

Probably Tuesday night. At least I hope so. Pack fans would lose their shit if that happens.

Probably Tuesday night. At least I hope so. Pack fans would lose their shit if that happens.

Probably not. The ACC releases a stupid statement in public, but will probably suspend Hess for a few weeks for his total lack of judgment. The ACC does not need this kind of exposure.

Probably not. The ACC releases a stupid statement in public, but will probably suspend Hess for a few weeks for his total lack of judgment. The ACC does not need this kind of exposure.

Sure that's the likely outcome, but we can dream can't we?

Karl Hess is a marriage and family counselor.

I am thinking a Mr. Chris Corchiani needs to call his office and make an appointment.

I have to admit, Karl is quickly moving up on Lenny Wirtz as my all time hated ACC ref... and I thought I would never say that!

(I might have dated myself with this comment.)

FIFY

And to think there are two refs worse than Dick Paparo and Ted Valentine. How is it possible? I'm not sure Wirtz had ever read a basketball rulebook. Actually, if you're a really old guy, you'll remember a ref even worse than these four, Lou Bello.

Speaking of bad officials, it reminds of a story when Wake was playing Clemson back in Fike Gym, which was the Tigers' homecourt before they built Littlejohn. Bones said it was the darkest gym he ever coached in. The Deacs were trailing but Bones was having trouble reading the scoreboard. An official came by and Bones asked him what the score was. The ref told Bones, "We've got ya by three."

Last edited:
FIFY

And to think there are two refs worse than Dick Paparo and Ted Valentine. How is it possible? I'm not sure Wirtz had ever read a basketball rulebook. Actually, if you're a really old guy, you'll remember a ref even worse than these four, Lou Bello.

Thanks for the assist. Don't remember Bello, but Paparo and Valentine were simply terrible, except when compared to Wirtz. BUT, here comes Karl Hess down the back stretch!

As my dad and I always say: if you're a ref whose face I know by name you are terrible.

I got 15 neg reps for not knowing who these guys were. Rough.

I got 15 neg reps for not knowing who these guys were. Rough.

I don't have any independent recollection of Corchiani myself. I was in Big 10 country and 10-12 during his playing days.

And Hess should be suspended for a very long time.

Back