• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

One hard thing about this is watching how Italy has managed to plateau new cases day over day but has not been able to move them down once they've hit that plateau. Same thing today. Here are their last 7 days on new cases. 5217, 4050, 4053, 4782, 4668, 4585, 4805.

Same sort of phenomena in Spain only they are in 6500 to 7500 band per day.

Germany similar - they had a couple of days in the 4500 type range, but consistently 6500 to 7000 new cases a day.

New York - second straight day with 10,000 plus new cases. Supposedly the virus is now hitting Long Island pretty hard and it's share of daily cases has grown from 15% a handful of days ago to around 21-22% a day now.

Discouraging. Also, hard to watch as the rest of the world outside of Western Europe and North America is also starting to accelerate. We are already at 71,000 new cases globally today. Hard to imagine the world doesn't go over 85,000 new cases today.

Same here, we just cannot get the daily numbers of new cases to go down. This shit is so crazy contagious. One family member infected = the entire family. One person in an apartment building = most of the other residents. We've had the stairwells and elevator in our apartment building professionally disinfected 3x this week and honestly if one infected person comes through it won't matter.

The bidding war is also what I was referring to because it seems insane for them to be this incompetent.

Yeah. It’s got to be on purpose.

The more I see, I don't think Trump and his administration were just incompetent. I think much of the hoax talk was stalling for time to figure out how to profit from this crisis. Funneling the federal stockpile to cronies and forcing other states to bid is just the type of evil Republicans love.

Same here, we just cannot get the daily numbers of new cases to go down. This shit is so crazy contagious. One family member infected = the entire family. One person in an apartment building = most of the other residents. We've had the stairwells and elevator in our apartment building professionally disinfected 3x this week and honestly if one infected person comes through it won't matter.

Any more details on this? As someone in my apartment building was confirmed about 9-10 days ago. Although I've been opening the front door with my foot, only touching elevators with my knuckle, and exiting using a paper towel to hold the door handles.

The Trump administration has shown how bad our country and systems are so there is no way to make it great *again*

Any more details on this? As someone in my apartment building was confirmed about 9-10 days ago. Although I've been opening the front door with my foot, only touching elevators with my knuckle, and exiting using a paper towel to hold the door handles.

Keep doing all those things. Use the stairs if possible. If not, use the paper towel to push the elevator buttons.

I see people aren’t familiar with the wonderful word of government buying and where the real grift is. Basically anything over a certain amount of money, an enormously small amount as well, sometimes as little as anything above 10,000 dollars, requires bids to be put in. Now you would think that lowest bidder who is able to deliver would win out, but that’s hardly ever the case as bids get weighted based off of a whole bunch of random government criteria that originally was designed to help those deemed misrepresented, small business etc. so you get points for being a minority, a woman, a veteran, disabled, small business, employing certain type of people and so forth. Sounds great on the surface except everyone knows how to game the system, so the grift is in. You structure your “company” on the face to check all these boxes so you win bids, you then go buy directly from the source act as middleman and then simply resell to the government for an enormous profit because you won the bid. Sounds like in this case you get a front end grift that’s normally there, then once the federal government procured the supplies you have a back end grift where a second middlemen then distributes to the states. Some people are getting extremely rich as people die.

On perhaps that same note:
[h=2]Republican fundraiser looks to cash in on coronavirus[/h] A longtime campaign operative informed clients that he was leaving politics behind for a new line of work: selling critical medical supplies.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/27/republican-fundraiser-company-coronavirus-152184

So this guy just took 14 days to start a business that is now ready to fulfill orders for 100 million masks right before Trump recommended everyone wear them.

‘Merica, fuck yeah.

One of the growing problems in New York is finding enough medical professionals to care for patients.

From the pit covid19 thread. One of our own (‘04) just passed away from covid19. He leaves behind a wife and 3 kids.

RIP Chris. Prayers for you and your family during this horrible time.

One of our own (WFU alum) died last night. Chris Firlit was a doctor in Detroit and went to Wake for undergrad. Married with 3 kids. Do not believe the hype that young and healthy are safe. Stay home and be forceful with language to people you know who are making this harder for all of us.

That’s the response right below the posting that one of our own has died battling the virus on the front lines trying to help people, get fucked! You should be permanently banned just for that, lack of human empathy and soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back