• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trumpites are shifting into full-blown "It's Obama's fault!" or "Bosides did this!" mode, I see. They've been dancing around it and making some jabs at it for a couple of weeks, I guess this will be the week where they just start saying it full-force.

ETA: As I recall, didn't Obama set up a pandemic response team that Trump abolished?

Last edited:
Republicans ignore the experts whose job it is to predict the future and then act like it's impossible to predict the future.

There was also the August 8th (?) 2001 presidential daily briefing (“the PDB”) that specifically warned the sitting president that Bin Laden was determined to attack within the United States. And, those fuckers tried to bomb the twin towers 7 years before with a truck bomb in the basement.

Katrina was totally predictable. It was just a matter of what date the the major city on the gulf coast that lies below sea level and is protected by decades old infrastructure was going to get hit and destroyed.

Leaders ignore experts raising alarms all the god damned time for frugality or popularity’s sake and it frequently comes back to bite us in the ass.

plenty of people, including the Obama administration, deserve blame for the lack of preparedness

pretending that it is/was just Trump and Republicans is a clear sign of ideological possession

Everyone, listen to this man?!? Why did Obama wait until Mid March 2020 to start replenishing the emergency medical stock pile?!? WHY? Because the 5G network is the cause of COVID not pangolins and Obama has stocks that he needed to sell before the panic set in and also Hillary murdered 57 people with the weapon she keeps hidden in the hole in her tongue. It’s all connected!

There was also the August 8th (?) 2001 presidential daily briefing (“the PDB”) that specifically warned the sitting president that Bin Laden was determined to attack within the United States. And, those fuckers tried to bomb the twin towers 7 years before with a truck bomb in the basement.

Katrina was totally predictable. It was just a matter of what date the the major city on the gulf coast that lies below sea level and is protected by decades old infrastructure was going to get hit and destroyed.

Leaders ignore experts raising alarms all the god damned time for frugality or popularity’s sake and it frequently comes back to bite us in the ass.

This is what happens when you have a political party that's scared of its own base, because they and right-wing media have literally spent years and decades ginning up their resentment of the urban and suburban professional classes with graduate degrees, who often spent many years becoming experts and professionals in their fields, but are now hated because of a populist belief that virtually anybody can do their jobs in government service just as well as they could. And so they're ignored until its too late, or fired and replaced with college students who support Dear Leader, or looked upon with scorn because they have a six-digit salary and drive an Audi or BMW and live in a nice suburban house or urban flat somewhere. As it turns out, experts and professionals like this are a good thing to have in government when the shit hits the fan. Who knew?

plenty of people, including the Obama administration, deserve blame for the lack of preparedness

pretending that it is/was just Trump and Republicans is a clear sign of ideological possession

I saw Obama handle Ebola. I have seen Trump and republicans handling COVID-19. The blame is clear.

You are an idiot.

Everyone in the world knew this was coming in January. Everyone. The trump administration did NOTHING for two months. They did ZERO bulk ordering until mid march. Oh and they gop campaign guy fired up the largest mass sales company of ppe in the world in two weeks and can fill order because of "his connections that he won't get into" while the administration did the above nothing but confiscate and out bid states for... drum roll... the same gear.
They have not actually used the powers of the office to do much other than force the firing of Captain Crozier in yet another act of revenge and pettiness. He disbanded the response team.

You are an idiot.

Everyone in the world knew this was coming in January. Everyone. The trump administration did NOTHING for two months. They did ZERO bulk ordering until mid march. Oh and they gop campaign guy fired up the largest mass sales company of ppe in the world in two weeks and can fill order because of "his connections that he won't get into" while the administration did the above nothing but confiscate and out bid states for... drum roll... the same gear.
They have not actually used the powers of the office to do much other than force the firing of Captain Crozier in yet another act of revenge and pettiness. He disbanded the response team.

that's complete nonsense, you don't have the slightest idea of what you are talking about, go back and check what people were saying about the virus in January and February, just go back and look

that's complete nonsense, you don't have the slightest idea of what you are talking about, go back and check what people were saying about the virus in January and February, just go back and look

There's some truth to this. This thread started on Feb 24th, and i've been following this like 6 hours a day for a month straight, but it wasn't until like early March that I actually cancelled my planned trip to NYC on March 12th

Really looking forward to sailor moving those goalposts again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back