• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the response right below the posting that one of our own has died battling the virus on the front lines trying to help people, get fucked! You should be permanently banned just for that, lack of human empathy and soul.

That post is pure modern conservatism.

Be sure to expedite this information to Nancy and Adam. They will surely be able to use it to forge an ironclad case for impeachment.

It is and was ironclad. Moscow mitch lead the gop in ignoring his unfitness for office and breaking his oath in order to profit financially and appoint unfit people for lifetime judicial appointments.

Any more details on this? As someone in my apartment building was confirmed about 9-10 days ago. Although I've been opening the front door with my foot, only touching elevators with my knuckle, and exiting using a paper towel to hold the door handles.

A few suggestions from work colleagues in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Beijing and Singapore who have been through this with more than one epidemic. I am not speaking to at all to the scientific validity of any of these ideas, just noting what people in these locations say they do. #1, 2, 6 and 7 where very common (#1 was universal). The others were mentioned to us on a conference call by at least one person from these offices.

1 - Never touch an elevator button directly with your finger. Use a toothpick or a tissue that you throw away. Carry these things with you when you go out. Make sure your building manager is sanitizing elevators more or less every hour or two during the day.

2 - Open doors with a tissue or paper towel or with your hand in a plastic bag.

3 - Carry a baggie of Clorox wipes with you while you are out. Just in case you touch something.

4 - Wipe down all your mail with a clorox wipe before opening it.

5 - If you order take out put it in bowls or on plates outside your house/apartment and leave the packaging outside or immediately dispose of it without bringing it inside where you live. Wash your hands before and after handling the packaging.

6 - Spray the bottom of your shoes with an alcohol based spray after each trip outside.

7 - Wear a mask of some sort while out. Bandana, scarf, etc.

ETA - If you have to ride public transport, ride it as best you can at non-peak hours.

Last edited:
Same here, we just cannot get the daily numbers of new cases to go down. This shit is so crazy contagious. One family member infected = the entire family. One person in an apartment building = most of the other residents. We've had the stairwells and elevator in our apartment building professionally disinfected 3x this week and honestly if one infected person comes through it won't matter.

I suspect what drives that noted contagious level is the fact no one has natural immunity to this thing.

MN has not come close to its peak yet and an article here spoke to the fact 32 nursing homes in the state have at least one case. And they are all over the state and the Twin Cities metro. Right now here they can only test people in nursing homes/assisted living and those who are going to be admitted to a hospital that it makes you wonder how far it has already spread.

Stay safe!

Is Dr. Firlit the first reported Wake alum to die from coronavirus?

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...ation-deplete-n-95-mask-stockpile/5114319002/

The claim: The Obama administration used and did not replenish the nation’s emergency stockpile of medical supplies, including N95 masks

Our rating: True
We rate this claim TRUE because it is supported by our research. There is no indication that the Obama administration took significant steps to replenish the supply of N95 masks in the Strategic National Stockpile after it was depleted from repeated crises. Calls for action came from experts at the time concerned for the country’s ability to respond to future serious pandemics. Such recommendations were, for whatever reason, not heeded.

Denny Rehberg, a retired Republican congressman from Montana who chaired the appropriations subcommittee responsible for overseeing the stockpile in 2011. Rehberg said it would have been impossible to predict a public health crisis requiring a more robust stockpile, just as it would have been to predict the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. “It’s really easy to second-guess and suggest we didn’t do as much,” he said. “Why didn’t we have a protocol to protect the Twin Towers? Whoever thought that was going to happen? Whoever thought Hurricane Katrina was going to occur? You tell me what’s going to happen in 2030, and I will communicate that to congressmen and senators.”
There were, in fact, warnings at the time: A 2010 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-funded report by the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials urged the federal government to treat public health preparedness “on par with federal and state funding for other national security response capabilities,” and said that its store of N95 masks should be “replenished for future events.”

Republicans ignore the experts whose job it is to predict the future and then act like it's impossible to predict the future.

plenty of people, including the Obama administration, deserve blame for the lack of preparedness

pretending that it is/was just Trump and Republicans is a clear sign of ideological possession

Coronavirus / Bad Flu 69 !!

I mean for fucks sake sailor come on

No

No Obama doesn’t you donk

Obama should've ignored the congressional budget and just allocated money however he wanted. That would've gone over well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back