• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
watching The Crown whenever there's like an austerity measure or whatever the queen participates, like when there were blackouts during the coal strikes in the recent season. but watching her message yesterday she was all made up, and clearly there was a largish production crew involved. so not really practicing any social distancing, especially around someone who is presumably quite vulnerable. I wonder if much of the palace staff has been furloughed.

It's gonna be fairly eye opening of Boris succumbs to this, given that the assumption is no one will get better care than he will get, and if he can't beat it it's gonna freak the world out.

I feel like the Queen's statement was directly related to this and the UK purposefully delayed the news to today to make it seem like that's not the case. Good chance things are worse than they seem.

Does this mean they aren't counted in the COVID19 tally?

Possibly, unless they've been confirmed to have the illness. Medical providers can still indicate on the death certificate Covid19 if they suspect it, even without proof. But I'm not sure those cases will be tallied by quick tracking organizations. Possibly over time.

I've no doubt that a significant number of Covid deaths will ultimately not be counted as such.

Imagine thinking a few hundred people on a ship with an outbreak of a deadly virus would care that he had to deal with a big controversy in DC.

The fact that PR is his main concern seems to prove that the captain did what he had to do.

Yep. Cue taken from the commander in chief, sadly.

Possibly, unless they've been confirmed to have the illness. Medical providers can still indicate on the death certificate Covid19 if they suspect it, even without proof. But I'm not sure those cases will be tallied by quick tracking organizations. Possibly over time.

I've no doubt that a significant number of Covid deaths will ultimately not be counted as such.

Right. Here in Ohio for example:

The state also has not been conducting regular postmortem testing of suspected COVID-19 cases due to the scarcity of testing, which means that the full picture of deaths due to the coronavirus will be difficult to determine.

https://www.cleveland.com/coronavir...ests-returned-from-private-labs-odh-says.html

SC slowly shutting down. McMaster issues home or work order.

Keeps mentioning need for social distancing yet is crammed in a room with 7 other folks along with press and everyone is within 2’ of everyone else and none have masks on. Horrible optics.

Last edited:
Math so far today. I'm not talking about the US until later in the day. The only state I can comment on is MN bc I know they deliver data once a day. They reported 70 new cases today, down from yesterday. 1 death. Also down from yesterday. All anecdotal as the worst is yet to hit this state.

Europe -

- Italy - New cases today were under 4,000. That is a first for them and is very good news. New deaths day over day also continue to decline.

- Holland and Belgium have also likely reported almost all of their new cases today and in each instance the new cases are down day over day again.

- Spain - They often report into the evening, but they look good to also take a step down from what has been a 7000 to 8000 new cases a day trend. Yesterday was between 5,000 and 5,000 and so far today they have reported about 3,500 new cases.

- Germany - Also looks like it is turning a corner on new cases, although they too often report into the evening.

Japan -

- They just declared a state of emergency. Tokyo and some other areas of the country are going on lockdown. Again over 500 new cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back