• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I hate this. Blast away at Trump. Guy deserves most if not all that you can muster. But c'mon. Thousands and thousands of us played golf this weekend to get some fresh air and sunshine.
I don't think for a moment any of us didn't have in the back of our minds how lucky we were healthy enough to do it and how the many of thousands of Americans and people worldwide who could not due to illness, could not.

You aren't the leader of a nation that has lost 100,000 people, refuses to do the most basic thing to protect our country, aren't making $1,000,000+ from the US taxpayer to play golf at a course you own.

Man, I hate this. Blast away at Trump. Guy deserves most if not all that you can muster. But c'mon. Thousands and thousands of us played golf this weekend to get some fresh air and sunshine.
I don't think for a moment any of us didn't have in the back of our minds how lucky we were healthy enough to do it and how the many of thousands of Americans and people worldwide who could not due to illness, could not.

Yeah, I played golf this weekend but my business is "okay" right now and I don't have responsibility for 330 million souls. Also, I haven't fucked everything up the past two months with a mountain of lies and inaction.

No way this thought even remotely entered Trump's mind.

Also:

Whatever makes you feel better dude.

Trump could have gone to Camp David and played a few holes in private while conducting business but chose to give more taxpayer money to his own club instead.

FTR, there is no golf course at Camp David. It's just a green with four different tees, all 140 yds and under, and a small driving range.

Like others said, we’re not responsible for 350 Million lives.

We’re also not hypocritical gas bags who lie directly to Americans’ faces on almost an hourly basis.

But whatever gets you through this period.

So they identified two people who tested positive, identified everyone they came in contact with, notified them, and offered them testing.

That's how it should work. Hopefully before someone goes back to work, but this is how it should work.

They just missed the "screening employees for symptoms" step. Which, as it turns out, is important!

FTR, there is no golf course at Camp David. It's just a green with four different tees, all 140 yds and under, and a small driving range.

Hmm. Sorry about that. I thought there was. Pretty sure I had seen stories that presidents had gone golfing there.

Here's a question- Could Covid be the impetus to universal health coverage or at the very least a full public option?

The longer Covid goes, the more hospitals and insurance companies will be at risk of bankruptcy. The shortages of necessary gear and medicine could harm lots of mid and lower level hospitals. If there's another ramping up of the disease, if elective surgeries and other treatments are cut off for another quarter or so, will this drive some companies out of business?

If people can’t get those procedures legally they’ll just do them in a back alley.

Hey Bob, how’d the back alley vasectomy go ? Better than the back alley chemotherapy I hope !

But there is a decent public course just over the PA line between Camp David and Gettysburg, though I'm guessing he'd rather get covid19 than play a public course.

He's definitely Public Course Filth, that's for sure.

I'm public course filth. But our idiotic city council doesn't see why they should open our muni because they don't see why people need to golf during a pandemic. So they're paying their employees to maintain it but getting no revenue from it at a time when they're losing revenue. They don't appear to be able to distinguish safe outdoor activity from unsafe outdoor activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back