• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I hate this. Blast away at Trump. Guy deserves most if not all that you can muster. But c'mon. Thousands and thousands of us played golf this weekend to get some fresh air and sunshine.
I don't think for a moment any of us didn't have in the back of our minds how lucky we were healthy enough to do it and how the many of thousands of Americans and people worldwide who could not due to illness, could not.

Trump himself made a huge issue about the travel expenses and golf that of his predecessor.

Man, I hate this. Blast away at Trump. Guy deserves most if not all that you can muster. But c'mon. Thousands and thousands of us played golf this weekend to get some fresh air and sunshine.
I don't think for a moment any of us didn't have in the back of our minds how lucky we were healthy enough to do it and how the many of thousands of Americans and people worldwide who could not due to illness, could not.

Pretty sure that tweet was blasting away at Trump. I guarantee you he did not think for a moment about how lucky he is or about how many thousands of Americans could not golf due to illnesses or deaths he helped cause.

If DeacsPop interprets an attack on Trump as an attack on himself, it says way more about him than it does about the person doing the attacking.

Yeah you can pretty much interpret most deacspop political posts this way. Kind of like the deplorables comment where every republican took personal offense, instead of simply condemning the same behaviors Hillary was.

Yeah you can pretty much interpret most deacspop political posts this way. Kind of like the deplorables comment where every republican took personal offense, instead of simply condemning the same behaviors Hillary was.

:bowrofl:

There was once a time that deacspop was a never trumper. Guess he fell in line.

https://twitter.com/SquireForYou/status/1265553065056362497?s=20

Interesting...

Kellen Squire
@SquireForYou
·
15h
According to the CDC, so far this year, Florida has had 1,762 deaths from #COVID and 5,185 from pneumonia.

Average pneumonia deaths in Florida from 2013-2018 for the same time period are 918.

Probably just a coincidence, yeah?

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/SquireForYou/status/1265553065056362497?s=20

Interesting...

Kellen Squire
@SquireForYou
·
15h
According to the CDC, so far this year, Florida has had 1,762 deaths from #COVID and 5,185 from pneumonia.

Average pneumonia deaths in Florida from 2013-2018 for the same time period are 918.

Probably just a coincidence, yeah?

Stuff like that really puts into perspective all these conservative articles and stories about how Florida "proves" that the experts were all wrong in assuming that reopening early or never fully going into quarantine would lead to more deaths or a spike in coronavirus cases. It's easy to look good when you're cooking the books, so to speak.

Seconded.

We actually had a chance to nominate a similar level-headed and charismatic x-ennial this past primary election but Pete was too much of a corporate shill apparently.

There was once a time that deacspop was a never trumper. Guess he fell in line.

I do love how you boys label anyone who doesn’t get in line with your thinking on a regular basis, a Trumper.
As one of you already said, whatever gets you thru the night.

Deacspop is the susan collins of ogboards. He's very concerned.

I'd just like to see states report total deaths, so we can see how deaths increased over the last 3 months na how the last three months compare with past years.

I don't know anything about declaring cause of death, but I assume it's not a simple enterprise.

Isn't pneumonia a condition that arises from infections like influenza though? Not sure doctors are cooking the books here, but maybe it's more of a categorization problem.

For example, let's say your body is invaded by COVID, and in the course of this invasion your lungs get infected and inflame so you get put on a ventilator. After two weeks, the virus leaves your system and a week later you succumb to pneumonia. I don't think it's absurd for a doctor to declare pneumonia the cause of death. It's not like COVID is absolved of introducing or aggravating a pre-existing condition, but it's not the thing that caused death. That's pneumonia.

I'd just like to see states report total deaths, so we can see how deaths increased over the last 3 months na how the last three months compare with past years.

Adjusted for automobile accidents and school shootings of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back