• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody who thinks that Trump is going to go away if he loses doesn't know the man or his party. The GOP is Donald Trump, and vice versa, and that's not going to change (at least very quickly) if he loses. As others have said, the base adores him and if he loses they'll just believe that the election was stolen from him, or that he lost because of the evil librul mainstream news media being against him, or some other conspiracy-laden excuse. It's a pipe dream to think that the GOP base will suddenly dump him after cult-worshiping him for four-plus years. He'll continue his rage-tweeting and attack anyone who opposes or criticizes him, especially if they're Republicans. Hell, if he loses this year would it really be a surprise if he runs for the nomination again in 2024? He's crazy enough to do it, and even if he doesn't, he'll have a big say in who the next GOP nominee is. Trumpism - and Trump - isn't going away anytime soon, even if he loses in November.

IF dolt 45 loses he won't run again. If he escapes incarceration he will make himself into a kingmaker, if you will. If he can he'll keep on the campaign trail on the gop dime to whip up the frenzy of their base and extol the "virtues" of his donk chosen ones. He gets his adoration and forum while the rube deplorables continue to deify him and validate their tiny penises with MOAR military hardware.

IF dolt 45 loses he won't run again. If he escapes incarceration he will make himself into a kingmaker, if you will. If he can he'll keep on the campaign trail on the gop dime to whip up the frenzy of their base and extol the "virtues" of his donk chosen ones. He gets his adoration and forum while the rube deplorables continue to deify him and validate their tiny penises with MOAR military hardware.

That's also very possible. As he's a grifter, I'm sure he'll find some way to continue to make a profit off his legions of fans. I don't think he's going away, and I don't think his base will reject him as quickly or easily as some have said. He owns the GOP now, and a loss in November really isn't going to change that very much. As you said, he'll continue to be the kingmaker and leading voice of the party, whether other Republicans like it or not. He doesn't care about them any more than he does Democrats.

Trump has been part of the GOP machine for decades. He was a primary GOP cheerleader during the Obama administration. He's definitely not going away.

So they identified two people who tested positive, identified everyone they came in contact with, notified them, and offered them testing.

That's how it should work. Hopefully before someone goes back to work, but this is how it should work.

Trump teased Presidential runs in 1988, 2000, and 2012. 2000 was as the Reform Party candidate, but that was basically Republican nonsense anyway. He was dismissed as a joke but that joke became all too real.

Good grief.

Unfortunately, this type of stone-cold idiocy and destructive hyperpartisanship is far more representative of Republicans than the intelligence and decency shown by the ND governor in that earlier clip.

Trump teased Presidential runs in 1988, 2000, and 2012. 2000 was as the Reform Party candidate, but that was basically Republican nonsense anyway. He was dismissed as a joke but that joke became all too real.

He was a registered Democrat for many of those years. Hardly part of the “GOP machine”

According to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll, 44 percent of Republicans believe that Bill Gates is plotting to use a mass COVID-19 vaccination campaign as a pretext to implant microchips in billions of people and monitor their movements — a widely debunked conspiracy theory with no basis in fact.

https://news.yahoo.com/new-yahoo-ne...ght-may-hamper-vaccine-efforts-152843610.html

Think this will fit on a t-shirt?

I'll probably be dead within a couple of years
But at least Bill Gates can't track my movements
Nevermind that my cell phone already does that

He previously ran for president because he was selling books (art of the deal was 87). Pretend to run, free publicity, spout some bs, then drop out. I don't think even he thought this time would be different and then he caught racist lightning in a bottle and realized the rube deplorables of the world (aka "the reffs" "col anuses" "sailors") were ready to be exploited. His combo or grift, lies, and inexplicably charisma found a home in the gop.

Man, I hate this. Blast away at Trump. Guy deserves most if not all that you can muster. But c'mon. Thousands and thousands of us played golf this weekend to get some fresh air and sunshine.
I don't think for a moment any of us didn't have in the back of our minds how lucky we were healthy enough to do it and how the many of thousands of Americans and people worldwide who could not due to illness, could not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back