• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Florida still not publishing their hospitalization/ICU daily data? I know that's been a gap in the data for a while now.

Nate Silver said a lot of states didn't report over the holiday weekend and today might be a bad catch up day.

Side topic, I have been watching more tv news since quarantine (mostly CNN), which I know is probably not a good thing generally, but I wanted everyone to know that I have fallen in love with Kate Bolduan.

Is Florida still not publishing their hospitalization/ICU daily data? I know that's been a gap in the data for a while now.

^ when everyone else is reporting this data, and Florida is not, it is not a good look. Especially when there have already been accusations of data manipulation. Hospitalization data would probably mess up the party line of "the only reason we have more cases is we're doing more testing!" or whatever. My brother (also a Deac) is a doc down in South FL and they certainly are busy in his hospitals.

Well, they're just following in the glorious tradition set by their illustrious founder, who couldn't afford to live on her savings in retirement and privately agreed to accept Social Security and Medicare.

This is fine and normal

4247dac3a4045d82a0d08c6abd9ada75.jpg

Fast forward to October. People are filling out their ballots while seeing reports of dozens of schoolchildren per day dying from COVID-19.

Somewhere in Wisconsin Paul Ryan scratches his balls

The best thing I can say about him is that several years ago I was on a 9AM flight to Milwaukee for work. He was also on the flight. He was a few rows from me in the cattle car. Man of the people that guy...

Fast forward to October. People are filling out their ballots while seeing reports of dozens of schoolchildren per day dying from COVID-19.

Think its more likely older teachers or teachers with pre-existing conditions dying, but agree with the larger point that Trump's continuing mis-handling of the biggest crisis that his presidency faced does not bode well for his chances in November.

Even .001% of schoolchildren in face to face learning is dozens of children a day.

That's the first domino.

Yup - FCS will grind to a halt and then FCS. It ain’t happening. UNC has 30+ people test positive today. They need to regroup and do a conference-only season in the spring when we have a vaccine and Sleepy Joe.

Lots of polling places are located in public schools, btw. So, open schools in August, start/stop, give up in October and send everyone home again, "deep clean" school like you've been doing since February, vote on November 3 at school.

I swear on my life that I haven't seen/heard this possibility discussed; but what if the grand plan has become letting this thing (Covid19) spiral out of control... ditching Fauci/Birx between now and October... And, then announcing to the populace before Nov 3rd that, under Trump's leadership, a vaccine for the virus has been created and is being distributed.

Hell. It could just be the regular flu vaccine at that point. I genuinely think that's a 10-20% swing in the making.

The efficiency/lack-there-of wouldn't matter until after votes were cast.

I guess the craziest aspect is that we're already officially throwing WHO under the bus and we're already telling our academic institutions to not follow the CDC guidelines... So, how far off from this scenario are we?

- I don’t think anything will be approved by then. Nothing in phase 3 yet and we are only 4 months from election
- even if ready, scale up and distribution will take a while and people will keep dying, schools will be FUBAR and economy will still be shit
- either way football ain’t gonna happen and I think that will be the last nail in the coffin for your run of the mill alabammer rube
- tl;dr it won’t be a light switch situation and everything back to normal

I think best case is vaccine approved around holidays, most at risk people are vaccinated by spring and it may take a good chunk into the summer to get the entire population vaccinated. 1/100 chance some therapeutic / treatment option shows up in the meantime but I’m not aware of anything transformational under review. Mostly just band aid shit like Remdisivir

Coronavirus !!!

- I don’t think anything will be approved by then. Nothing in phase 3 yet and we are only 4 months from election
- even if ready, scale up and distribution will take a while and people will keep dying, schools will be FUBAR and economy will still be shit
- either way football ain’t gonna happen and I think that will be the last nail in the coffin for your run of the mill alabammer rube
- tl;dr it won’t be a light switch situation and everything back to normal

I think best case is vaccine approved around holidays, most at risk people are vaccinated by spring and it may take a good chunk into the summer to get the entire population vaccinated. 1/100 chance some therapeutic / treatment option shows up in the meantime but I’m not aware of anything transformational under review. Mostly just band aid shit like Remdisivir

I think vtwhat is suggesting that Trump lies and says there is a vaccine going around the CDC and the FDA, then starts injecting everyone with 30ml of sterilized water and a tiny bit of Tabasco, claiming victory over the virus and sweeping to victory at the polls before anyone realize that the vaccines don’t work. Doesn’t seem outside the realm of possibility. The alternative is that the plan is to let it get so bad that they have to cancel the election or post pone it for a year in the hopes the Ginsburg dies in the meantime. Sadly neither approach is outside the realm of possibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back