• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a tweet from a prof friend at UConn wherein he screen capped an email from the university President saying that they were expecting a $50million short fall in the fall semester which follows a $20mil loss in the spring. How many semesters can UCONN go absorbing ~$50million losses? Most of our large state schools have had their funding from state legislatures cut and cut again over the last 20 years and most are already on weak financial footing. there is definitely going to be consolidation if the schools have to take a year of no tuition income. Even the big state institution will struggle to keep paying their faculty and staff.

FL Gov. DeSantis is once again showing his lack of intelligence, insanity and lack of empathy by giving his presser at The Villages when last week there was a local resident proudly screaming "White Power". I can't imagine there is a worse, more tone deaf governor in the nation than he.

I'm ashamed to say I laughed at this transition, and I know I will die of irony poisoning

Oh man. Not the time. Which ad company jumped the gun on that one?

Can one of the MD's weigh in on how corona can result in a leg amputation? This is a seriously fucked up disease.

I wonder if that had to do with a pre-existing condition. That does happen to lots of diabetics.

Blood clotting issues.

Yep. COVID can make one hypercoaguable, so you get blood clots that can cause strokes, heart attacks, pulmonary emboli, and blockage of blood flow to a limb. His amputation almost certainly had nothing to do with an underlying condition and had everything to do with COVID.

Coronavirus / Worse than RJKarl's Breath !!! (Not Really)

Yep. COVID can make one hypercoaguable, so you get blood clots that can cause strokes, heart attacks, pulmonary emboli, and blockage of blood flow to a limb. His amputation almost certainly had nothing to do with an underlying condition and had everything to do with COVID.

Pressor induced ischemia can also result in an amputation when someone is critically ill.

But you don't die if you're young! I mean, rarely die if you're young. Or something.

I'm ashamed to say I laughed at this transition, and I know I will die of irony poisoning

There was kind of a long pause before the transition, as if someone in the production room was trying to decide if they could skip the ad.

I dont understand what you're trying to say.

It is true, we hear about the horrible reports of the people who really suffer, then on the other hand we hear from the President that 99% are fine. It is hard to get a gauge of what the risks actually are.

Believe the opposite of anything our idiot-in-chief says you’ll be right far more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back