• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Could Saban be the first $10M/year college coach?

"@martinrickman: or maybe saban’s wife is actually going to coach texas why aren’t we assuming that"

I have heard Austin is a great city but is it a place folks vacation at?

Still say he can't test his skill at Texas like he can at Wake. There will always be that doubt in the back of people's minds that he could only win at places with talent.

Besides, W-S is awesome. We have the Pit's favorite brewery, Foothills.

ooooooooooooooooppppppppppppppppppppppppssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111

It would be the right time to leave, that's for sure. No AJ and Sims at QB next year. Definitely going to be a bit of a rebuilding year in 2014...of course, by current Bama standards that's 9-3.

People down in Austin going crazy over this story. Reports/rumors about phone conversations and not so subtle hints by Saban and his agent. I don't believe most of it and don't think they get him.

But it would liven up the old UT/A&M rivalry to have Sumlin/A&M in the SEC vs Saban/Horns

Saban having to deal with the daily Longhorn Network appearances and intrusion on his practices would be hilarious. I still can't see this happening because of that. Sounds like Jimmy Sexton is trying to wrangle a raise for Saban and himself out of Alabama.

I'm shocked that Saban allowed his agent do leak this information in the middle of a national championship run.

In a related note, anyone catch tonight's 60 Minutes: Sports segment on Bama's strength and conditioning coach? The dude is nuts, but effective. The Tide's facilities are beyond ridiculous.

Back