• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Country Dan's Interview With Manning

As negative a response as you are going to get in that situation concerning support. New coaches usually gush whether the support is gush worthy or not.

MTOW: Did you feel like you got all the support you need from the school itself, from the alumni base?

DM: Like I said, I think we’re moving in the right direction. I think some of that is going to fall upon us, making sure every time we step out on the court we have a fun and exciting style of play that people can enjoy. I think everything else starts to fall in place from there. But I think Ron (Wellman, Wake Forest’s director of athletics) has been a tremendous support. His staff has been really good. And there’s still some things we need to tighten up but as a whole I think we’re definitely moving in a direction that I like.

That's "as negative a response as you are going to get?" W-T-F Office

Coach almost seemed annoyed by Country's questions. DM is all business and demands positive results which will come, sooner the better.

Danny doesn't seem to gush about much of anything.

Main takeaway for me: We're probably bringing in another player this year.

Yeah, tone was grumpy. I don't mind Dan digging in for more complete answers. Also understand why Manning doesn't feel the need to expand upon his initial responses.

MTOW: How can you emphasize defense from day one, and finish at the bottom of the league in field-goal percentage defense?

That's a bold question, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em.

For better or worse, Danny believes in his system and doesn't GAF what anyone thinks about it.

He is in an interesting position of being very wealthy but very hungry for success as a coach. As a result, he doesn't suck up to anyone in the media or the AD and just goes about things in his own way.

You could play a game of "Was that Belichick or Manning?" for most of those answers. There seemed to be a vibe that he was just fulfilling an obligation for that interview. Not a criticism.

You could play a game of "Was that Belichick or Manning?" for most of those answers. There seemed to be a vibe that he was just fulfilling an obligation for that interview. Not a criticism.

Agree 100% Manning was pretty dismissive the whole interview. He better win soon or he is going to piss off a lot of people.

0b242d254ebbcc5a89dd116bfc87aa3a.jpg

I like Manning's no nonsense businesslike attitude. But I've never been one to care about post game interviews, press conferences, etc...

Agree 100% Manning was pretty dismissive the whole interview. He better win soon or he is going to piss off a lot of people.

To hell with anyone who can't handle his direct approach.

I like that DM is not trying to be PC in his responses. There is no doubt about who's the BOSS!

Coach Manning doesn't give a fuck. And he certainly believes in his system. I hope his faith is rewarded.

Back