• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID-19 Mafia - Its OFFICIAL - MAF WINS

I’m drinking various ale smiths today. On .394 pale atm

I was gonna pull a day drunk today. Then my wife invited my teetotaler in-laws over for dinner. Bourbon chugging to commence in 1.5 hours.

Have you been to their spot in Asheville? Think some of their small batch stuff is decent.

I don't think I've ever been to Asheville. My North Carolina experience is that I went to Raleigh once every 3 weeks for work, and the people we met down there only wanted to eat dinner at Macaroni Grill and PF Changs. I also went to the ACC-B1G game in Chapel Hill and TIC didn't say hi to me at the bar so I'm still mad at him

I don't think I've ever been to Asheville. My North Carolina experience is that I went to Raleigh once every 3 weeks for work, and the people we met down there only wanted to eat dinner at Macaroni Grill and PF Changs. I also went to the ACC-B1G game in Chapel Hill and TIC didn't say hi to me at the bar so I'm still mad at him

Dude Asheville rules, you should go. It’s my second favorite city in NC.

I'm drinking Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA, the beer that I thought I was recommending to you but I'm an idiot

4 beers on the boat, 3 margaritas when I got home - now I'm onto drinking the garbage Georgia beers I bought. Something called Southern Juice. Its gross.

Vote count you virus infested non social distancing fuckwits:

Mako3GoudaTurtleInChainsJman
Whispering Parleyes2KnightDa
Bern1Mako
Damo1Romulus
dv71Ryala
Knight1BeachBum
Numbers1Townie
SD31Damo
WFU031Gooner

Well that shit almost works but what's up with the bottom right cell being blanked out? Fucking best and brightest eat CV laden dicks. IF you know how to fix it PM me if you fucking post @ me in the thread I will kill your wife or mom, whichever you care more about

Last edited:
That said, my sister is moving to Raleigh or somewhere close and will be working in Cary. Some of the NC experts in here should tell me where a 30 year old would want to move in the area.

Fuc social distancing amirite?

Both groups completed quarantined themselves for two weeks before we saw each other. Same with my folks. Unfortunately now they’re our only social outlet. But I appreciate the concern, bro.

Asheville is a great brewery town, worth a weekend trip if you dig good beer.

I’ve always started at New Belgium, then walked over to the Wedge and gone closer to downtown from there. Before Wicked Weed got bought the Funkatorium was the jam. Now probably Burial is my fav.

Also went to Richmond this past fall and had a great brewery crawl experience. The Veil was superb.

I drove to the PF Changs in Raleigh roughly 5 times while at wake. Was not my decision.

Asheville is a great brewery town, worth a weekend trip if you dig good beer.

I’ve always started at New Belgium, then walked over to the Wedge and gone closer to downtown from there. Before Wicked Weed got bought the Funkatorium was the jam. Now probably Burial is my fav.

Also went to Richmond this past fall and had a great brewery crawl experience. The Veil was superb.

Second both of these. Asheville is great. Richmond has some decent spots, but isnt as great.

That said, my sister is moving to Raleigh or somewhere close and will be working in Cary. Some of the NC experts in here should tell me where a 30 year old would want to move in the area.

I have friends who live in Five Points. They’re in their 30s with a kid and I’ve always had a good time when I’ve visited. It’s a residential neighborhood but close enough to restaurants and bars to not feel 30 min away from everything.

4 beers on the boat, 3 margaritas when I got home - now I'm onto drinking the garbage Georgia beers I bought. Something called Southern Juice. Its gross.

Ga has some good beers. Is it possible you have a shite palate?

My exgirlfriend lives in Asheville. She’s now one of my wife’s best friends. They’ve bonded over their mutual dislike of me. We go there to visit a couple of times a year and do brewery tours where they get hammered and talk shit about my inadequacies. Good times are had by all.

Back