• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

It’s always cute when catamount puts out some crazy statement and creamy comes to slurp it up. The only redeeming quality of the Republican Party is if you make money it saves you money.

Oh word?

I can agree with something without slurping it up, but word. I post on the tunnels like 5 times a month, because this place is miserable. Most all of you are miserable and you feed off of each other's misery. I vote in-line with 99% of you, yet because I don't think the fringe right lunatics who "slurp up" Tucker Carlson's nonsense represent Republicans, you want to rip on me and mock me for agreeing with a post. It's lazy, yet on brand for you and the majority of the frequent tunnels posters.

My biggest gripe with the common tunnels poster is and always has been lumping everyone in one basket.

Oh you voted for a republican? You must be an anti masker, antivaxxer, and worship trump!

And fucking a...I personally haven't voted for a republican in 5 years, but let's make sure we keep the echo chamber and groupthink alive and well around here!

It’s lazy analysis because you completely glance over what the Republican Party has become. Like the single driving factor of the Republican Party is Trump and support for the crazy notion the election was stolen. The majority believe and support that. It’s a sad reality but that’s the fucking party now, and trying to both sides it just rings hollow, and seems like a coping mechanism for trying to hold onto something that no longer exists. Plus back in topic for this thread, like if you don’t think the party is batshit fucking crazy there is a huge percentage that are willing to risk their health and die than get a vaccine.

Also you can say well not all, but when it’s a majority and in some instances reaches high percentages you can’t say well it’s not everyone, hell if anything the unwillingness to answer polls probably means the percentages are even higher.

I see all of these people you talk about on the internet and television, but every 9 out of 10 republicans I know in the real world don't feel that way. I don't have friends and family members out there pushing that narrative. I really don't think those views represent the vast majority of the Republican party. That said, I do have some Qanon neighbors who I make sure my wife and kid steer clear from, so I will admit those types of people are out there.

Anyways, I'll see myself out. I hit my monthly quota.

I see all of these people you talk about on the internet and television, but every 9 out of 10 republicans I know in the real world don't feel that way. I don't have friends and family members out there pushing that narrative. I really don't think those views represent the vast majority of the Republican party. That said, I do have some Qanon neighbors who I make sure my wife and kid steer clear from, so I will admit those types of people are out there.

why are these 9 out of 10 republicans still republicans then if they disagree with the majority of fellow republicans, other than abortion and low taxes

[h=1]A look at who is still not vaccinated against COVID[/h]
https://www.axios.com/a-look-at-who...vid-f05612e0-cc9b-4503-9fe9-f641b4f4ddaf.html

Conservative media sometimes blame the problem of the unvaccinated on people of color, but the data show vaccine resistance is mostly about red America and younger adults now.
Why it matters: The numbers show a much different story about where we still need to be focusing our vaccination efforts.
By the numbers: 59% of the unvaccinated are Republicans, 64% are white and 46% have a high school education or less. More than half of the unvaccinated live in suburbs with another 27% living in rural areas.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-by-race-ethnicity/

Overall, across these 43 states, the percent of White people who have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose (54%) was 1.2 times higher than the rate for Black people (46%) and 1.1 times higher than the rate for Hispanic people (51%) as of October 4, 2021. White people had a higher vaccination rate compared to Hispanic people in most reporting states, except Missouri, Vermont, Tennessee, DC, Nevada, New York, Virginia, Louisiana, South Carolina, Kansas, Texas, and Alabama. White people also had a higher rate than Black people in most reporting states, except Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, Mississippi, Washington, Louisiana, and Alabama. The size of these differences varied widely across states, and they have been narrowing over time. The overall vaccination rate across states for Asian people was higher compared to White people (69% vs. 54%), which is consistent with the pattern in most reporting states. However, Asian people had lower vaccination rates than White people in six states (Colorado, Iowa, North Dakota, Utah, Pennsylvania, and South Dakota).

:cam:

"the republicans I know don't feel that way..."

really? how in the world did donnie j snowflake get 73 million votes losing 9/10 republicans? the answer is your friends complain to you in private because deep down some of them know how shitty the last 3 years were. then they show their intestinal fortitude by disregarding their values and vote for him and their team anyway. or maybe, just maybe, many of them are showing their values with their vote. 73 million people voted for trump to come back for another term with anger, resentment, hurt feelings, and out for revenge. i can't even imagine how unhinged he would be right now had he remained "in power" since that's all he cares about. oh, and the money. always follow the money.

Interesting data. I'd like to see some real statistical analysis, especially considering the imbalanced sample sizes and uncertain enforcement capabilities, but if the pattern holds up it is useful to know in making future decisions.

Interesting data. I'd like to see some real statistical analysis, especially considering the imbalanced sample sizes and uncertain enforcement capabilities, but if the pattern holds up it is useful to know in making future decisions.

Agreed. And it is also important to note that larger studies, across the US, have shown decreased COVID rates in schools with mask mandates compared to schools without mandates (even after controlling for county-wide COVID rates). https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0924-school-masking.html

Every time you post something like this it doesn’t refute what PH posted about republicans one bit, it’s so fucking stupid. That “amazing” white vaccination rate, you can say thanks Democrats.

This is an example of how Republicans see white = Republican and others = Democrats.

And guess what you find if you actually click on the link:
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-cov...a-on-covid-19-vaccinations-by-race-ethnicity/

First, the states that aren't included are primarily red states: Arkansas, Maine, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, Wyoming.

The states which white vaccination rates don't outpace Black vaccination rates are primarily red states:

"White people also had a higher rate than Black people in most reporting states, except Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, Mississippi, Washington, Louisiana, and Alabama."

Of course, it's important to note Mississippi (1st), Louisiana (2nd), and Alabama (6th) have among the largest Black populations of the 50 states. Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, and Washington have among the lowest at under 4%.

Back