• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Update to this story. Another judge overruled the first judge (not sure of the procedure) and held that the doctor who ordered the ivermectin had never even met the patient and does not have privileges at the hospital. As such, the hospital does not have to administer ivermectin to the patient. It was also confirmed that the patient and his wife chose not to be vaccinated because they didn't trust the science. But, of course, they trust using ivermectin.

To close the loop on this story, the man has now died from Covid in the hospital.

jh's video may land a bit better if applied even one modicum of the same reasoning toward conservatives and Republicans

I still can’t get over how fucking stupid that argument was yesterday.

Can't help but post in agreement here. I mean, that really set a new bar. If the mods are here to remove posts that are universally offensive, those should be top candidates so that nobody wanders over to the Wake Forest site and loses all faith in humanity.

jhmd is the boards version of President Trump. Whatever nonsense he says just dominates that day's cycle and we're like the media who just lap it up. We've got to do better.

You didn’t answer the question.

Of course I did. In this thread, right here:

I think masks make sense. I wear one at work. My kids wear them at school. That's not the point. The point is that you all have descended to the point that you are not offended by a patently insincere performative gesture. If PH is right that he's "probably" vaccinated, then why is he engaging in the performative gesture? To protect himself for a 10 foot walk across the stage by himself. What scientist told him that?

The better question is whether this guy believes in masks. Or whether the Mayor of San Francisco who is pushing mask mandates on other people, https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/21/mayor-breed-dancing-maskless-fun-police/, actually believes in masks. Or whether the Governor of California who locked down everyone else's business while strangely his businesses remained open, actually believes in lockdowns.

What matters is if politicians implement good policy.

It must feel disconcerting, however barely subconscious, to remain loyal to a party whose leaders neither understand nor believe in good governance.

I guess all that’s left is to doggedly toss around inane potshots at others whut are trying, of course imperfectly, to do something decent or helpful.

Why is that a better question - is it because you’re trying to walk away from yesterday’s car accident?

Did you ever figure out who that guy was?

Why is that a better question - is it because you’re trying to walk away from yesterday’s car accident?

Did you ever figure out who that guy was?

Expecting the government to abide by the restrictions it imposes on others, and to tell the truth, isn't an unreasonable expectation. If Ph is right that this guy didn't need masks because he was "probably" (LOL) vaccinated, then why was he wearing one?

The official federal government’s position is vaccines work and should be taken, if not mandated for worker safety, as well as comprehensive testing and masking. In all agencies you can find unvaccinated people from a low percentage to a high percentage but they exist yet somehow this big brain thinks any one individual then speaks for the entirety of the government they work. Also Ph don’t take it so seriously because it’s pure entertainment to laugh at someone trying so hard yet just swinging and fumbling their way along.

The official federal government’s position is vaccines work and should be taken, if not mandated for worker safety, as well as comprehensive testing and masking. In all agencies you can find unvaccinated people from a low percentage to a high percentage but they exist yet somehow this big brain things any one individual then speaks for the entirety of the government they work. Also Ph don’t take it so seriously because it’s pure entertainment to laugh at someone trying so hard yet just swinging and fumbling their way along.

Your government is lying to you to your face and you roll over and docilly accept it.

Yeah one guy equals government, from the same guy that can’t accept that Trump is the leader of his party, sad.

Of course I did. In this thread, right here:

The better question is whether this guy believes in masks. Or whether the Mayor of San Francisco who is pushing mask mandates on other people, https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/21/mayor-breed-dancing-maskless-fun-police/, actually believes in masks. Or whether the Governor of California who locked down everyone else's business while strangely his businesses remained open, actually believes in lockdowns.

I'm in California. Everyone else's businesses were not locked down. You are making a dishonest argument, as usual. We had regional parameters that dictated what measures would be in place to limit spread of COVID. The article you linked notes wineries in other counties being closed. Unless you are stating that the Governor had Napa Valley COVID data suppressed to allow his winery to be open, you have once again made no argument.

The guy in the video most likely was doing what I do every day. I believe in masks ( I spent a week in the hospital with Covid and was dangerously close to not coming out) and wear mine everywhere pretty much in public if indoors. Its mandated in Mecklenburg County and I damn sure follow it. But I am stupid as hell and forget sometimes and realize it at the oddest moments. Typical of me is to be in a restaurant and get up and go to the bathroom and forget to put my mask on. Then realize it about 8 feet from getting back to the table and I still put it on. Some is better than none, plus I dont want people in the restaurant to think I'm a non-caring asshole and I want them to know that I believe in masks. Its not for theater at all. The guy probably took it off or switched masks for some reason and quickly remembered before hsi short walk. He was probably wearing a Hello Kitty mask that his daughter gave him and he didnt want to walk out with that one and switched. Or even worse, it could have been something like a Duke mask and he changed for the short walk to prevent the shame.

I dont see why that video is interesting in the slightest to anyone. There are 100 more possibilities other than he doesnt believe in masks and was faking it for the crowd. I mean damn.

Other than that little input, whatever WakeandBake says.

Back