• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Yes, the real villians in all of this are medical professionals like Fauci and the doctors at the CDC. The heroes are the people who pushed remedies like horse paste on the gullible, all those right-wing talk radio hosts who spun fake stories about the vaccine and subsequently got covid and died, and all those folks like Laura Ingraham and others at Fox and other right-wing news sites who also spread news of fake cures and other disinformation. And all of those people who just melted down when told they needed to wear a fucking mask to help prevent the spread of the disease. They're the good guys in all of this. It's the mainstream medical experts who are the enemy - why can't everyone see this?

Yep.

The mental gymnastics are sadly fascinating.

You seriously think there has been no disruption? So are you cool with masking in school full time going forward to prevent the obvious marginal impact on season flu deaths? I mean if there is no disruption, why not?

Sorry the efforts to try and manage the pandemic whut has killed probably 6 million people and sickened many millions more has caused some disruption.

Well with the masks... it is pretty evident that they did know enough from the beginning to understand that masking was effective. They lied to us to try and prevent a run on masks and protect them for front line workers.

It’s true that initially there was concern that a run on masks by the general public would compromise their availability for healthcare workers and that getting masks to them was an appropriate priority.

It’s also true that within several months it became evident that asymptomatic community spread (and eventually aerosolized spread) was a significant problem and as the masks became more available and evidence of their effectiveness in community use grew, the guidance changed.

This statement just perfectly illustrates the Tunnels' bubble.

Well done, birdman!!! Chef's fucking kiss.

What exactly are the costs to you and biff and teen age children from wearing a mask indoors? I’ve asked this question over and over again and get no response. Perfectly illustrates the tunnels right.

Thank you to ThatGuy for linking the NPR article. I have now changed my mind about preschoolers and think it might be best to get rid of mask mandates for the 5 and under crowd. Emotional and language developmental deficiencies for millions of toddlers would be bad for society…we could be creating the next boomer generation already and we won’t know it for years to come.

Didn't you say previously that you were first asked to mask up at work in March 2020?

I think the week of March 16, 2020 we cancelled almost all outpatient visits, and then the following week we started to see a few people in person (though it could have been two weeks later). We did a lot of virtual visits for months, though procedures obviously had to be in person. We wore masks with in-person interactions, but in some of those interactions masks were standard before the pandemic. I wore cloth masks until last fall, and I still wear them at times.

I think the week of March 16, 2020 we cancelled almost all outpatient visits, and then the following week we started to see a few people in person (though it could have been two weeks later). We did a lot of virtual visits for months, though procedures obviously had to be in person. We wore masks with in-person interactions, but in some of those interactions masks were standard before the pandemic. I wore cloth masks until last fall, and I still wear them at times.

Wait, what? You don't wear an N95 now?

What is the “fart in your drawers” analogy?

All masks work to filter some degree of aerosolized viral particles. How one wears a mask is even more important than the type of mask. You can triple mask n95s and it will make no difference if you pull them down every time you talk to someone up close to you.

If I rip ass through cotton underwear and pants, enough particles reach your nose to where you back away from the smell even if you are ~10 feet away. So if I breathe out virus particles through a thinner mask made of the same cotton material, why would that mask inhibit you from inhaling enough particles to get you sick? It is just basic common sense that was poo-poo'd by the supposed "science" side of policymakers when promoting school masking, but turned out to be dead nuts correct. If any dumbass who has ever made a fart joke knew that the cotton masks were ineffective, it is gross incompetence for the scientists driving the policy to act like they didn't realize that.

Cotton masks, which are 99% of the masks worn by kids in school, have done virtually nothing to slow the spread of anything, yet policymakers cling to them despite the litany of negative effects as pointed out in that NPR article. Had the common sense played a part in the policy, then the overall distrust of the policies would be much less, because it is hard to trust something that obviously stupid and wrong.

Wait, what? You don't wear an N95 now?

When seeing people with active COVID I wear an n95. And with all prolonged close contacts from mid December until late January I wore an n95. But in general, I just wear a surgical mask now. All masks work to some degree, as long as they are worn properly.

If I rip ass through cotton underwear and pants, enough particles reach your nose to where you back away from the smell even if you are ~10 feet away. So if I breathe out virus particles through a thinner mask made of the same cotton material, why would that mask inhibit you from inhaling enough particles to get you sick? It is just basic common sense that was poo-poo'd by the supposed "science" side of policymakers when promoting school masking, but turned out to be dead nuts correct. If any dumbass who has ever made a fart joke knew that the cotton masks were ineffective, it is gross incompetence for the scientists driving the policy to act like they didn't realize that.

Cotton masks, which are 99% of the masks worn by kids in school, have done virtually nothing to slow the spread of anything, yet policymakers cling to them despite the litany of negative effects as pointed out in that NPR article. Had the common sense played a part in the policy, then the overall distrust of the policies would be much less, because it is hard to trust something that obviously stupid and wrong.

People are still claiming this? Viruses-and the water droplets they are suspended in-are many orders of magnitude larger than molecules. Like, thousands of times larger.

Oh boy 2&2 actually believes the dumb dumb stuff he hears spewed by right wing dipshits, might want to look at the particle size of things.

It's telling that 2&2 would rather get a fart in the face from bare ass than from clothed ass.

Lol. That’s gas you are smelling. You know, that’s why it is called “passing gas.” Gas molecules are magnitudes smaller than viral particles.

But, if one wanted to continue along with this suspect analogy, then wouldn’t you much, much prefer to be hit by a fart that first passed through underwear, rather than just take it right in your face? Lol, I can’t believe this is even a consideration (or that we are having this conversation)!

armchair experts have really been taken a beating the last few days

keep it up, internet freedom fighters!

Back