• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

You know what else this mustache looks like? The top of taylor swift's head while she's taking a mustache ride baby !
-you know he was thinking it.

My take:

• anti-malarials are a joke / fools gold
  • anti-virals might work - interested to see the Gilead data from China
  • sounds like the virus is fairly conserved (i.e. doesn't rapidly mutate) so vaccine approach will work - question is whether they can develop / approve something in time. lot of damage will be done by Q1 next year.
  • as with other things, Trump is a total fool and desperate to tout any wingbat potential therapy (see anti-malarials) which will (in the end) cause way more harm than good if rubes anchor on it for no reason
  • the new head of the FDA (Hahn) is a yes man joke - he will do / approve anything that Trump says which is dangerous
  • if you really want to stay informed follow the old head Scott Gottlieb. He has very sober analysis on the situation and good access to data / intel as he hasn't totally detonated Trump (he was a Trump appointee)
  • to summarize, my view is that good antiviral data is the ONLY thing that will take us off the 100k+ death trajectory in US and millions globally (wait til this thing hits the 3rd world). but it's a 1 in 10 longshot IMO
  • looking forward to antivaxxers avoiding the vaccine when it comes. ah, the joy of Darwinism at work....
Man every once in a while a blind squirrel finds a nut - 1st reply in thread from April 2020. Last bullet was unfortunately dead on.

I'd pay money to watch Fauci - or any other scientist who has dedicated their life to vaccines, epi, etc - eviscerate Rodgers and RFK Jr.

I'd pay money to watch Fauci - or any other scientist who has dedicated their life to vaccines, epi, etc - eviscerate Rodgers and RFK Jr.

Don't disagree. But The problem is he's a brilliant scientist arguing with a bunch of idiots. They will wave their hands. Talk about nonsense. And he'll have to counter that. It's like arguing with a toddler. There's no reason to do it. His background and pedigree speak for themselves.

Isn't Andrew Tate the Andrew Tate of sports? He's an MMA guy right, or used to be?

Don't disagree. But The problem is he's a brilliant scientist arguing with a bunch of idiots. They will wave their hands. Talk about nonsense. And he'll have to counter that. It's like arguing with a toddler. There's no reason to do it. His background and pedigree speak for themselves.
Yeah, when I was at Wake for some reason the university hosted an evolution Vs creationism “debate.” They invited some world renown evolutionary biologist to debate a North Carolina preacher. The biologist’s opening statement was a 20 minute cogent, well organized, and compelling presentation of the theory and supportive data behind Darwinian evolution. Then the preacher stood up and presented a completely made up theory of genetics and inheritance with zero evidence to support it. On rebuttal the biologist basically said “ I don't know how to respond to a completely made up argument untethered from evidence and reality.” To which the preacher said his presentation was clearly unassailable. In the end the applause meter declared the preacher the winner. Embarrassing all around.

Back