• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Reasonable people shouldn’t buy into Republican false equivalency bullshit by questioning an outdoor gathering of vaccinated people. It’s a perfectly good look. It’s what we should be doing. Republicans who say “do your research and make your own decisions” don’t follow that advice when others actually follow the research and make the right decisions.

You know, maybe there is something to this idea of listening to the advice of medical experts...

Did he recant or retract his comments about "sensatiinalizing" the pandemic?

That's what should have happened after Trump's covid scare.

Also, how did he jump the transplant list? I don't know how that works

I mean that's one way to look at it. The additional nuance being that Delta variant has really changed some of our assumptions. With it showing high level of viral load in the upper airway of vaccinated folks and thus possible viral spread- it means you could easily spread to the vulnerable. Yes, everyone can't get vaccinated (immunocompromised, younger kids, etc). I don't disagree that it would be nice to get back to some sense of normalcy for vaccinated folks- but there's some nuance to that take.

the burden of protection is on the vulnerable at that point. Avoid crowds, wear N95 masks, etc.

The assumption can't be that the world is a perfectly safe place for everyone, that's not realistic. The true answer is the world got a little more dangerous for the immune compromised.

If somebody is imminently dying without a transplant they get listed status 1A and get priority for an organ.

If you need a liver because your dumbass didn't get the vaccine, that liver should go to someone more suitable.

they don't give drunks new livers.

they don't give drunks new livers.

200w.gif

Lots of replies to the tweet mention his liver transplant, and some are quite upset:

Report from the covid front lines in Louisiana:

Gov. DeSantis of Florida holds press conference, defends unvaccinated people, and goes on a rant against the media:

"DeSantis railed against the press during the briefing, according to WESH, accusing journalists of fear-mongering about the pandemic that has claimed over 600,000 American lives. DeSantis said that Florida's hospitals are "open for business" as he spoke to the press on Tuesday. "Even in places that have more, COVID patients represent a fraction of the overall hospital beds and I don't want to see a repeat, that people with heart problems don't go in [to hospitals]," he said. "With all due respect, I find that deplorable to blame a victim who ends up being hospitalized. You don't know their story. You don't know what happened."

"When somebody contracts a highly transmissible airborne virus, they're viewed as having done something wrong," he said. "And that's just not the way you do it when people come in, you treat them. Are you going to sit there and criticize, or are we going to try to treat, and try to help the folks...I'm sick of this judgmental stuff...Nobody's trying to get ill here."

So the problem in Florida isn't the surging number of covid cases among the unvaccinated, or his executive orders preventing counties and cities and school districts from requiring masks or vaccinations or taking other steps to stop the spread of the virus, the problem is the librul news media being judgmental of the unvaccinated and engaging in fear-mongering. I guess he is indeed running for the 2024 GOP nomination.

Link: https://www.businessinsider.com/flo...ated-people-testing-positive-for-covid-2021-8

Hospitals are “open for business” is a really strange way to describe your hospitals filling up with covid patients from anti-precautionary attitudes he’s helping fuel.

knowing full well this is a generalization, but the hispanic community has largely not cared about social distancing/covid here in LA.

Hospitals are “open for business” is a really strange way to describe your hospitals filling up with covid patients from anti-precautionary attitudes he’s helping fuel.

He also said when asked about if he would reopen the testing centers that you can just go buy a test

Floridians love this tough guy bluster nonsense bullshit.

Back