• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

I am done with the Pubs (at least those who claim the election was a “steal” or the 1/6 insurrection was a “protest”) but I don’t believe this for one minute.

Why not? Who is even going to run against him? The most popular Republicans besides Trump are popular because they’re loyal to Trump.

Can’t decide if I want Trump to run because it fucks over DeSantis or if I want Trump not to run because it means he’s not running (but we then get DeSantis).

Speaking of DeSantis.

[h=1]Photo Shows Jacksonville Regeneron Clinic Overburdened With COVID Patients[/h]https://news.wjct.org/post/photo-shows-jacksonville-regeneron-clinic-overburdened-covid-patients

238585555_10105835822881076_4985075135812271951_n.jpg

A photo circulating on social media shows COVID-19 patients lying on the floor of the antibody treatment clinic at the Jacksonville Public Library Downtown.
The photo shows a woman lying face-down on the library floor. She appears to be in distress. In the background, another person is also flat on the floor, being tended to by a loved one.
The photo was posted on Reddit around midday on Wednesday by user Suzieb2220, who wrote, “My husband (vaccinated, but positive) has been waiting 2+ hours for monoclonal therapy and he says he has never seen people so sick. Moaning, crying, unable to move.”
Reached Thursday afternoon, Louie Lopez, who took the photo, said the imagine was more dramatic in person. "The picture doesn't convey the sounds that I was hearing. People were in pain." Lopez said the nurses were friendly and were doing their best, and the patients were all friendly, despite the two-hour waits they were suffering, often while ill. Some patients shared the limited chairs that were available.
Lopez said that he's beginning to feeling better, and hasn't had a migraine for the first time in eight days.
"It seems really odd that would have a bunch of really sick people in a library waiting for an injection when then need medical treatment," said Dr. Sunil Joshi, president of the Duval County Medical Society Foundation. "This is approved or people who have mild to moderate symptoms. If they have symptoms where their oxygen is low or their blood pressure is low, they need to be seen in the hospital."

Pretty fucked up Covid can make her face so discolored, have yet to hear of that side effect.

Why not? Who is even going to run against him? The most popular Republicans besides Trump are popular because they’re loyal to Trump.

I don't think Trump wants the job, or wants to risk the humiliation of losing again. Until he officially files, I'm convinced this is a scam to sell books or start his own network or some shit.

Even if he stays out of the race, he'll talk a lot and other Pubs will listen to him though.

I don't think Trump wants the job, or wants to risk the humiliation of losing again. Until he officially files, I'm convinced this is a scam to sell books or start his own network or some shit.

Even if he stays out of the race, he'll talk a lot and other Pubs will listen to him though.

I listened to the whole 30 minute Hannity interview yesterday. He sure sounds like a dude who plans on running. I would agree with your above take, but here's another. An attention-whore going from being the most talked about news story 24/7 for 5 years straight to being largely ignored and silenced for the past 6 months is a punishment worse than death for him. And he'll do whatever he can to reclaim the spotlight, and the only way to do that would be to run.

Last edited:
I listened to the whole 30 minute Hannity interview yesterday. He sure sounds like a dude who plans on running. I would agree with your above take, but here's another. An attention-whore going from being the most talked about news story 24/7 for 5 years straight to being largely ignored and silenced for the past 6 months is a punishment worse than death for him. And he'll do whatever he can to reclaim the spotlight, and the only way to do that would be to run.

Agreed, and if he runs he'll trounce any Republican who opposes him for the nomination. And even if he doesn't run, what many people are missing is that anybody who wins the GOP nomination will very likely be a Trump clone who has shown that he/she is closest thing to Dear Leader who is actually running for the nomination.

He doesn’t think he lost in 2020. There was no humiliation, the election was stolen by the deep state. He is not humiliated, he wants justice.

This guy's twitter feed was something, especially after he developed covid and was in the hospital for weeks. In 2020 he started something called "Operation Chaos" to get Republicans to vote for Bernie Sanders in the state's Democratic presidential primary, because he "would be the weakest candidate" against Dear Leader (he's a hardcore Trumpite). In June of this year he participated in a protest when VP Kamala Harris visited Greenville to encourage people to get vaccinated. Stutts and about 100 others protested vaccine and mask requirements.

In a September 2020 rally at the SC statehouse, Stutts called for the governor to lift his state of emergency declaration regarding covid and to end mask mandates. “We believe the coronavirus is real, but we believe the government way overreacted in their response to the virus,” rally organizer and President of United Patriots Alliance Pressley Stutts said. Stutts believes lawmakers should make the economy a higher priority, and he doesn’t believe all of the data being released by DHEC is accurate. “You know what? People die every day. They die of car accidents, they die of flu, they die of all types of other diseases, but I’m not putting the economy above anybody’s life. Everybody’s life is sacred, but we don’t know if all 3,000 of those lives that have been reported have actually died from COVID because we can’t trust the numbers,” Stutts said in reference to the nearly 3,000 lives DHEC says have died as a result of coronavirus.

Last edited:

9627-08-16-21-Figure-1.png

It's stupid to play politics with it, but vaccination rates among blacks is a problem. And if you're not encouraging everyone to get the vaccine you should STFU.

Distribution of Vaccinations by Race/Ethnicity
Figure 2 shows the shares of COVID-19 vaccinations, cases, and deaths among Black, Hispanic, Asian, and White people. The data also show the distribution of the total population by these groups as of 2019. Data are not presented for other groups due to data limitations. Together these data show:

Black people have received smaller shares of vaccinations compared to their shares of cases and the total population in about half of states reporting data. In the remaining reporting states, the share of vaccinations they have received is similar to their shares of cases and the total population. However, in most reporting states, the share of vaccinations received by Black people is smaller than their share of deaths. For example, in the District of Columbia, Black people have received 43% of vaccinations, while they make up 56% of cases, 71% of deaths, and 46% of the total population.

Reflecting disproportionate levels of infection, Hispanic people have received smaller shares of vaccinations compared to their shares of cases in most reporting states. Their share of vaccinations is similar to or higher than their shares of deaths and total population in most reporting states. However, in some states it remains lower. For example, in California, 30% of vaccinations have gone to Hispanic people, while they account for 63% of cases, 48% of deaths, and 40% of the total population in the state.

These current patterns reflect growing shares of vaccinations going to Hispanic and Black people over time. Between March 1 and August 16, the share of vaccinations going to Hispanic people increased in all states reporting data for both periods and increased for Black people in most reporting states. In a few cases, these increases were large. For example, the share of vaccinations going to Black people increased from 26% to 43% in DC and from 25% to 38% in Mississippi. Similarly, the share of vaccinations going to Hispanic people increased by at least 10 percentage points in six states, including Florida (17% to 31%), Nevada (13% to 26%), California (19% to 30%), Texas (23% to 35%), New Jersey (6% to 17%), and New York (9% to 20%). The share of vaccinations going to Asian people also increased in most states reporting data for both periods, while it fell for White people in most reporting states. The share going to White people declined by 10 percentage points or more in 14 states (Arizona, Florida, Nevada, Alabama, Georgia, New Jersey, Tennessee, Virginia, Mississippi, Texas, Maine, Illinois, Colorado, and New York).

Yeah, I agree. The guy is desperately going to want the rallies again. He'll only get that by running (and possibly winning). And he's now familiar with the power he had as President and will want to get it back to use it for his personal purposes again, taxes, financial situation, etc.

I can't decide which is worse: a true believer anti-vaxxer like strutt who ends up dying from covid or a loud anti-vaxxer with a large following who was secretly vaccinated while using their platform to encourage others not to be.

What about a aggressively ignorant covid downplayer that has gotten both doses and then jumped the line for an early booster third dose? And then when testing positive after one of his unmasked downplaying events gets so freaked out that he jumps the line again to get expensive Trump style 1%er treatment for an asymptomatic case?

That person’s got ignorance, cynicism and extreme cowardice nailed down. Nearly completes GOP bingo.

Back