• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

I’m shaking hands, fist bumping, and hugging.

This, I am vaccinated and choose not to be a pussy.

If you don't want to and you are otherwise vaccinated and perfectly healthy that's cool as well. The world needs beta's.

if your an old i also understand, and probably wont go in for the hug, unless the hug is clearly wanted.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/randi-weingarten-endorses-rebekah-jones-debunked-claim-that-florida-manipulated-covid-data/

The head of one of the largest teachers unions in the U.S. subscribes to the debunked conspiracy theory that Florida manipulated its COVID-19 data to protect the DeSantis administration’s reputation.

In a Twitter direct message exchange with journalist Samuel Bravo in March, Randi Weingarten, the head of the American Federation of Teachers, endorsed the theory that Rebekah Jones was fired from her position as a health department dashboard manager last year because she refused to artificially lower the state’s reported COVID deaths.

Public records support the DeSantis administration’s claim that Jones was actually fired for performance issues, as Jared Moskowitz, a progressive Democrat who runs the Florida division of emergency management, has maintained for the better part of a year. But that didn’t stop prominent Florida Democrats, including Charlie Crist and Nikki Fried, and media outlets such as MSNBC from parroting her falsehoods.

Weingarten and the AFT have pushed to keep schools closed throughout the past academic year, claiming that in-person learning would lead to a rise in community transmission, though data drawn from Florida and other countries which reopened schools in the fall suggest schools don’t meaningfully contribute to the spread of the virus.

It warms the heart to know the head of a large teachers union is as willing as the average gullible Tunnels poster to accept (and pass along) as fact the latest lefty conspiracy theory just because they *want* it to be true.

Well done again, dumb fucks.

This, I am vaccinated and choose not to be a pussy.

If you don't want to and you are otherwise vaccinated and perfectly healthy that's cool as well. The world needs beta's.

if your an old i also understand, and probably wont go in for the hug, unless the hug is clearly wanted.

Not shaking hands is not so much out of a fear of covid, it's because I haven't had even the tiniest cold in 18 months, when it used to be every 8 weeks I'd come down with something or other. I am thinking no shaking anyone's hand and wearing masks indoors has helped a lot, also my kids wearing masks at school. They haven't been sick in ages.

Not shaking hands is not so much out of a fear of covid, it's because I haven't had even the tiniest cold in 18 months, when it used to be every 8 weeks I'd come down with something or other. I am thinking no shaking anyone's hand and wearing masks indoors has helped a lot, also my kids wearing masks at school. They haven't been sick in ages.

I guess maybe i didn't realize how often people got sick. I get sick probably around once every three years or so.

I had strep about four years prior to getting Covid, but that was the last time I would say I was sick. I don't ever really get "colds". I think having kids is the game changer here, and not shaking hands is like pissing in the ocean when you have those dirty things running around a home.

yeah, i don't think i get sick as much as others do either. i think it is because of my child-free living, which is good. i think the last sick day i used was for the ACC tournament...even though i knew it was a waste of time.

maybe short term good to be so germ avoidant but my immune system is strong as fuck because i'll lick your hand instead of shake it

Have to wonder if the era of handshaking is behind us also, though I doubt it. It’s so ingrained in what you might call our cultural muscle memory. But I do think/wish it could morph into an alternative greeting such as at least a fist bump or something akin to that. Or just a smile when you greet someone, what’s wrong with that?

Absolutely.

Shaking hands is a hella dumb tradition.

Would that it would die, but I doubt it.

Key if you shake hands is to keep yours away from your face (nose, mouth) unless you’ve washed them first.

Unfortunately that wouldn’t be adequate to avoid COVID-19.

Agree it’s amazing how the measures to help mitigate COVID-19 squashed the flu and a lot of misery from colds.

If someone asks you if you’re a dog, you have to tell them the truth.

I met someone for the first time today for lunch today. First thing we did was have the hand shake conversation. We ended lunch with a fist bump.

Absolutely.

Shaking hands is a hella dumb tradition.

Would that it would die, but I doubt it.

Key if you shake hands is to keep yours away from your face (nose, mouth) unless you’ve washed them first.

Unfortunately that wouldn’t be adequate to avoid COVID-19.

Agree it’s amazing how the measures to help mitigate COVID-19 squashed the flu and a lot of misery from colds.

download-e1574896994407.jpeg

The party of small government wants to tell social media companies who they can’t ban from their platform and force cruise lines to bring disease spreaders onboard.

You can't exclude idiots who refuse to get a vaccine for the good of each other and society but you can absolutely refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding because... <checks notes> the bible tells me so.

Back