• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

They weakened the armed forces today.

Stand for the flag. Kneel for the cross. Run like a baby from a syringe.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but if folks are just focusing on the increased risks of myocarditis after getting the vaccine, shouldn't they really be comparing that to the chances of myocarditis if you were to get COVID (with or without the vaccine)? Sure the vaccine may cause myocarditis in some folks after receiving it, but how does that compare if you get COVID and don't have the vaccine?

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but if folks are just focusing on the increased risks of myocarditis after getting the vaccine, shouldn't they really be comparing that to the chances of myocarditis if you were to get COVID (with or without the vaccine)? Sure the vaccine may cause myocarditis in some folks after receiving it, but how does that compare if you get COVID and don't have the vaccine?
Shhh...

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but if folks are just focusing on the increased risks of myocarditis after getting the vaccine, shouldn't they really be comparing that to the chances of myocarditis if you were to get COVID (with or without the vaccine)? Sure the vaccine may cause myocarditis in some folks after receiving it, but how does that compare if you get COVID and don't have the vaccine.
This is correct. The risk of myocarditis is somewhere between 5-15 times higher in an unvaccinated person that contracts COVID compared to a person that receives a COVID vaccine.

This is correct. The risk of myocarditis is somewhere between 5-15 times higher in an unvaccinated person that contracts COVID compared to a person that receives a COVID vaccine.

So far.

well that would be inserting logic and common sense into a landscape of morons.
I liked the world better when I intuitively knew there were a ton of morons, but it wasn't quite as obvious in day to day life.

Translation: you liked the world better before social media.

Exactly. I had that thought as I typed it out. Facebook showed me how most people I grew up with were knuckle draggers. And Twitter showed me that a decent % of the rest of society are too.

Teaching school for 25 years and the proliferation of social media as I was exiting the field has caused some consternation:

I see posts from former students and realize I know way more about them than I want. Most of them just coasted by; very few distinguishing themselves intellectually, whether in critcal discernment skills or emotionally.

To wit: not a goddamn one of them is a constitutional scholar or an epidemiologist. They don't consider the myriad ways what they say reflects on them and how it affects others.

I’ve only connected with a few of my undergrads on social media. It’s pretty much just those who I have connected with in some way after they graduated.

Social media has given me more appreciation for people I’ve known. A few from home are dipshits but others aren’t. People I only knew socially in college are still pretty cool and really on point politically. I enjoy keeping up with them and have gotten to meet to with a few in person.

Diamond died, apparently with COVID complications. RIP I suppose.

Diamond died, apparently with COVID complications. RIP I suppose.

RIP and everything, but

The main narrative of the film is that the COVID-19 vaccines have supposedly caused otherwise healthy individuals to "die suddenly" en masse from excessive blood clotting caused by the spike protein produced by the mRNA vaccine, as well as an increase of miscarriages and Bell's Palsy.[6] The film includes testimony from embalmers and funeral directors, who discuss the presence of "unusual" blood clots in the dead bodies of people they say had been vaccinated.[3][1][2] Experts quoted by Agence France-Presse (AFP) previously explained that clots could be caused by anything, such as obesity, smoking and being infected with COVID-19, as well as the bodies being refrigerated.[14][2] It also features interviews with individuals known for promoting misinformation about COVID-19 vaccines, such as entrepreneur Steve Kirsch.[4]

The film references conspiracy theories about the World Economic Forum and the Great Reset, suggesting that a 2019 pandemic preparedness exercise was proof that the COVID-19 pandemic was orchestrated by "nefarious global elites".[2] It also promotes claims that Bill Gates is planning to kill off up to 15% of the world's population using vaccines, the evidence for which is a misrepresented video clip of Gates at a TED Talk in 2010 where he states that providing better healthcare to poor countries could slow population growth.[4][2][6]

Excerpt:

Moderna is considering raising the price of its COVID-19 vaccine by over 400 percent—from $26 per dose to between $110 and $130 per dose—according to a report by The Wall Street Journal.

The Journal spoke with Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel at the JP Morgan Healthcare Conference in San Francisco Monday, who said of the 400 percent price hike: "I would think this type of pricing is consistent with the value.”

Until now, the mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines from Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech have been purchased by the government and offered to Americans for free.

In the latest federal contract from July, Moderna's updated booster shot cost the government $26 per dose, up from $15–$16 per dose in earlier supply contracts, the Journal notes.

Similarly, the government paid a little over $30 per dose for Pfizer-BioNTech's vaccine this past summer, up from $19.50 per dose in contracts from 2020.

---

But now that the federal government is backing away from distributing the vaccines, their makers are moving to the commercial market—with price adjustments.

Financial analysts had previously anticipated Pfizer would set the commercial price for its vaccine at just $50 per dose but were taken aback in October when Pfizer announced plans of a price between $110 and $130.

Analysts then anticipated that Pfizer's price would push Moderna and other vaccine makers to follow suit, which appears to be happening now.

Ars has reached out to Moderna for comment but has not yet received a response.

Beth Mole, 10 Jan. 2023, Ars Technica (Condé Nast)

I'm personally willing to pay a hundred bucks to be sure I'm not going to get very sick /die from covid

Back