• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

Sorry to hear that. We live near Polo and Robinhood. We've been to Campus Gas, the Porch and Incendiary/Cucino at Bailey Park. All three are great outdoor dining and drinking options and not too expensive. Any fast casual meals we order to go.

I used to live over there in Foxhall. Loved that area.

But where is the heart attack chart?

The response to that is less lol and more heartache. Its not fun to own the trumpublicans when it means lives are lost. Leave that for them. Fuck you col anus.

Yeah my heartache for people who have been informed of the facts, and begged to please adhere to the science for everyone’s sake, stick their heads farther up their own asses. Bill burr is right, fuck it don’t wear the mask..go visit your grandparents and your cousin with asthma, fuck it we tried to tell you, we begged....

I bet there is a strong correlation among/between Republican state politics::low-wage unskilled workforce that can't work from home::high Covid cases since June.

While some of the case growth is no doubt related to the "you can't make me wear no mask" contingent, a lot of it is also related to the fact that these states are home to a lot of chicken processing plants and other similar types of employment. These folks were forced back to work whether the virus was under control or not. Of course, the reason that these types of industries are disproportionately located in Southern states is that the owners can count on very weak labor protection laws and an uneducated, low-wage workforce to gut their chickens etc. I think this also helps explain California's persistent Covid problem - California has a very large agricultural sector that relies on a low-wage, often migrant/undocumented workforce.

I bet there is a strong correlation among/between Republican state politics::low-wage unskilled workforce that can't work from home::high Covid cases since June.

While some of the case growth is no doubt related to the "you can't make me wear no mask" contingent, a lot of it is also related to the fact that these states are home to a lot of chicken processing plants and other similar types of employment. These folks were forced back to work whether the virus was under control or not. Of course, the reason that these types of industries are disproportionately located in Southern states is that the owners can count on very weak labor protection laws and an uneducated, low-wage workforce to gut their chickens etc. I think this also helps explain California's persistent Covid problem - California has a very large agricultural sector that relies on a low-wage, often migrant/undocumented workforce.

Maybe there is, but NC and GA have nearly the same population, but GA has 50% more Covid cases since June 1 according to the above tweet. That's not due to labor force structure.

Maybe there is, but NC and GA have nearly the same population, but GA has 50% more Covid cases since June 1 according to the above tweet. That's not due to labor force structure.

It’s because people here are dumb.

I have a hard time finding any sympathy for the people that go to a Trump rally and get infected but the problem is that they then spread it to other people who are being safer.

went to pick up takeout last night and waited in the car for 3 cops to go in and get seated since they weren't wearing masks. I really wanted to say something but felt it wasn't in my best interest (also don't want to be that close to 3 maskless people rn). fucking assholes.

went to pick up takeout last night and waited in the car for 3 cops to go in and get seated since they weren't wearing masks. I really wanted to say something but felt it wasn't in my best interest (also don't want to be that close to 3 maskless people rn). fucking assholes.

We have had a mandatory mask policy in place for visitors to our office since almost the beginning - if you don't have one we'll provide a disposable one free of charge - and in all that time the only individual that has absolutely refused to put on a mask happened to be a police officer.

Reports out that Barron Trump had tested positive for COVID and now has tested negative along with Melania.

Reports out that Barron Trump had tested positive for COVID and now has tested negative along with Melania.

Well, does that mean Donald should be arrested for endangering the welfare of a child!

I have been keeping an eye on the "excessive deaths" statistics since the beginning of this thing. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm
It looks like excessive deaths are declining and are now total US deaths are getting close to the normal expected for this time of year.
Of course this could change if the current uptick generates substantial deaths.
That major caveat aside, it seems to me that the steady decline in excess deaths even while the infection count is essentially unabated indicates that we are getting better, overall, at protecting vulnerable people and treating those who get sick.

I have been keeping an eye on the "excessive deaths" statistics since the beginning of this thing. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm
It looks like excessive deaths are declining and are now total US deaths are getting close to the normal expected for this time of year.
Of course this could change if the current uptick generates substantial deaths.
That major caveat aside, it seems to me that the steady decline in excess deaths even while the infection count is essentially unabated indicates that we are getting better, overall, at protecting vulnerable people and treating those who get sick.

Orange man still bad though.

Illinois posts highest daily count yesterday, beating the previous May peak by one

more than twice as many tests to get to that number than the May peak though

Back