• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

I understand that people can't wear masks to eat and drink, I just think that when you're sharing space with other strangers, whether it be indoors or outdoors, everyone should wear a mask. Maybe it's different in other places in the country, but here in Winston, I go to a lot of places where my family are the only people wearing masks, and it's very frustrating. Is that entitlement? Should we just have to stay home all the time because the rest of the people here just want to pretend like COVID doesn't exist? I really don't know.

We’re in Winston too and we just don’t eat inside. Plenty of outdoor dining options around here which enforces social distancing. Maybe we’re hypersensitive with a newborn but even having your own space inside seems dangerous unless it’s an open air business.

Not just that, I watched This Week today and Karl interviewed Eric Trump. It was insane, as Eric Trump rambled incoherently from one ranting talking point to the next, to the point that Karl finally just cut him off and went to a commercial. Among other lunacies mentioned, Eric claimed that his Dad had taken a vaccine for covid in the hospital, went after Karl personally for asking "Democrat talking point" questions to him, said the news media was nothing but an arm of the Democratic Party now, and generally sounded about as unhinged as his Dad did in the first debate. Is that entire family on cocaine?

Not sure what substances they are on other than fear. Even the gop leadership is, in some cases, distancing themselves from him.

Maybe this is crazy but hear me out. Perhaps if Trump blocks federal medical experts from appearing on a show, they could interview other medical experts instead of interviewing Eric Trump.

Maybe this is crazy but hear me out. Perhaps if Trump blocks federal medical experts from appearing on a show, they could interview other medical experts instead of interviewing Eric Trump.

But then they would have to listen to boring, expert medical information about the pandemic instead of hearing Eric Trump rant incoherently for over ten minutes, and then discussing it on the roundtable! The perfect example of our "news is entertainment" approach to what passes for journalism these days.

Mike Lee giving opening statements in the Senate, 10 days after testing positive without confirming he's tested negative pretty much sums up where we're at as a country. I don't know why anyone is sitting in that room given the complete lack of safety being shown.

Edit: CDC guidelines are 10 days for asymptomatic carriers.

Last edited:
Only thing the gop loves more than not knowing shit and maintaining power anyway they can. Usually lying to their base.

Last edited:
We’re in Winston too and we just don’t eat inside. Plenty of outdoor dining options around here which enforces social distancing. Maybe we’re hypersensitive with a newborn but even having your own space inside seems dangerous unless it’s an open air business.

The only outdoor dining option on the south side of Winston is Sonic.

The only outdoor dining option on the south side of Winston is Sonic.

Sorry to hear that. We live near Polo and Robinhood. We've been to Campus Gas, the Porch and Incendiary/Cucino at Bailey Park. All three are great outdoor dining and drinking options and not too expensive. Any fast casual meals we order to go.

Sorry to hear that. We live near Polo and Robinhood. We've been to Campus Gas, the Porch and Incendiary/Cucino at Bailey Park. All three are great outdoor dining and drinking options and not too expensive. Any fast casual meals we order to go.

The Campus Gas burger with pimento cheese and bacon is probably the best burger in Winston Salem

Back