• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

I understand that people can't wear masks to eat and drink, I just think that when you're sharing space with other strangers, whether it be indoors or outdoors, everyone should wear a mask. Maybe it's different in other places in the country, but here in Winston, I go to a lot of places where my family are the only people wearing masks, and it's very frustrating. Is that entitlement? Should we just have to stay home all the time because the rest of the people here just want to pretend like COVID doesn't exist? I really don't know.

Wearing a mask as you come in and order protects the staff. Doesn’t matter what you do at the table.

But not really inside with recirculated air.

I don’t eat inside where I can’t be near an open window or door and the air isn’t on. And I’ll go outside whenever I can.

Mecklenburg County numbers:

• Percent positivity is down 58% since July, to 4.9% over the last week (a drop of 6.9 percentage points).
• Hospitalizations are down 60% since July, to an average of 86 over the last week.
• New daily cases are down 73% since July, to an average of 85 a day in the last week.

• Percent positivity is down 58% since July, to 4.9% over the last week (a drop of 6.9 percentage points).
• Hospitalizations are down 60% since July, to an average of 86 over the last week.
• New daily cases are down 73% since July, to an average of 85 a day in the last week.

Charlotte on the decline.

I've eaten inside-ish once, on a trip to Chincoteague. Every other meal on that trip we ate in the hotel or car, but this was after we checked out of the hotel, and when it was too hot to eat in the car. (The place was a small enclosure with doors on either end that were mostly propped open to the outside). Aside from that, had a few outdoor beers, but mostly have done takeout. Haven't used a public bathroom since early March.

Did a hike on my birthday, and was mostly maskless, but had one at the ready for when I passed someone in the opposite direction. I am usually maskless on runs, which I often do after 9 pm at night so I can run in the street off the sidewalk if I approach someone.

"You pay Nancy Pelosi $223,500 a year plus expenses but she stopped you from getting $1200 in crisis assistance...3 times in one week!!! Let that sink in."

•Percent positivity is down 58% since July, to 4.9% over the last week (a drop of 6.9 percentage points).
•Hospitalizations are down 60% since July, to an average of 86 over the last week.
•New daily cases are down 73% since July, to an average of 85 a day in the last week.

Cases, hospitalized, and ICU patients have all increased across the southeast over the past week. Unfortunately, deaths will start to rise soon.

COVID Thread 2: I Like Soldiers Who Don't Get My COVID! (Super Political!!!)

Why isn’t Trump giving Christie regeneron?

Last edited:
Yeah, from my #research, I kinda wanna lose some weight. Might have to give up the booze until I get a vaccine.

Back