• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

The confluence of events bringing America trump, mitch mcconell, and murdoch at the same time in history is amazing. Add the deplorables they created and supercharged and America is really in danger.

So virologists and other doctors, can symptoms intensify 4 or 5 days after a positive test, because I have felt aces for the first few days and currently feel like dogshit. Fever has set in too.

All Pelosi's fault!

Pelosi has publicly said that she wouldn’t sign Trumps bill, so who the fuck cares what McConnell told the White House? McConnell is skating to re-election while Trump’s. getting crushed

So virologists and other doctors, can symptoms intensify 4 or 5 days after a positive test, because I have felt aces for the first few days and currently feel like dogshit. Fever has set in too.

Yes, usually the reason you feel like shit isn’t the virus itself but the response to said virus. Positive test probably infected a few days prior, plus 4-5 days, you are right at the window where you are getting an adaptive immune response to the virus. Your body is cranking out B and T cells which are now working in concert with innate immunity to respond at a greater level, more chemokines, more cytokines, just a big feedback loop.

Yes, usually the reason you feel like shit isn’t the virus itself but the response to said virus. Positive test probably infected a few days prior, plus 4-5 days, you are right at the window where you are getting an adaptive immune response to the virus. Your body is cranking out B and T cells which are now working in concert with innate immunity to respond at a greater level, more chemokines, more cytokines, just a big feedback loop.

Well, my wife is less than sympathetic after watching me bounce around for 4 days while she thought she was dying. So this is definitely her fault, right?

Well, my wife is less than sympathetic after watching me bounce around for 4 days while she thought she was dying. So this is definitely her fault, right?

Yes.

And...no

Best wishes for you, your wife, and your marriage.

I appreciate y’all’s layman educated guesses, but I really need Dr. Knowell to weigh in.

The White house probably should tell him to fuck off since that's pretty much acknowledgement that he thinks Trump is done and they don't want to be tied down to a massive stimulus with Biden as president. You know tanking another democrat president's agenda through obstruction and pretending that deficits matter again over helping desperate Americans.

I read an article to that effect recently. McConnell and other Congressional Republican leaders have privately concluded that Trump is likely to lose, so they're going to wait and force Biden and Congressional Democrats to push through a stimulus package so they can blame them for a "budget busting, wasteful" spending bill. I guess they're planning on rediscovering their balanced budget religion, as they do every time a Democrat gets elected POTUS. As for all of those people and restaurants and stores that are barely hanging on and will likely go under if there's another lockdown due to a covid surge, Congressional Republicans won't care, especially once the election is over.

Ahh shit, get well soon.

I posted this on the Pit thread, but didn't get a response, so figured I would post it here regarding the risk associated with gyms to get people's thoughts. I ended up going back to my HIIT workouts indoors for a few weeks back in May without any issues. They have smaller class sizes, everyone is at least 6 feet apart, and you have your own station where you only use the weights at your station and either a bike or rower for cardio. They also have an air flow system that claims to kill viruses such as the coronavirus, are checking temperatures at the door, disinfecting thoroughly between classes, and more.

I stopped doing the indoor workouts for the time being as the cases exploded in SC and it wasn't worth the risk to continue doing them indoors. Recently, my HIIT gym has gone back to full class sizes and moving stations and they have not had any issues, although they are still taking the same disinfecting precautions.

With that being said, I am still not convinced that that risk factor is as great as some people are saying. If it was, wouldn't we see outbreaks all over the country associated with people going back to the gym as gyms are open in many parts of the country? Below is the only evidence I have been able to find of outbreaks associated with gyms:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/8/20-0633_article
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/invest...hills/2390166/

Only one of these is in the US and neither article says anything about whether any precautions were taken around social distancing, mask wearing when not doing intense cardio, not sharing equipment, airflow and air filtration, etc. I am in complete agreement that the risk is very high when no precautions are taken for indoor workouts, but it seems to me there is more evidence showing that indoor workouts are fine or at least much less risky when the proper precautions are taken.

If I am missing more evidence of outbreaks associated with indoor workouts let me know, but those are just my thoughts.

This thing is weird. Sometimes there are outbreaks where people were really careful and sometimes there's nothing where there should have logically been something.

I posted this on the Pit thread, but didn't get a response, so figured I would post it here regarding the risk associated with gyms to get people's thoughts. I ended up going back to my HIIT workouts indoors for a few weeks back in May without any issues. They have smaller class sizes, everyone is at least 6 feet apart, and you have your own station where you only use the weights at your station and either a bike or rower for cardio. They also have an air flow system that claims to kill viruses such as the coronavirus, are checking temperatures at the door, disinfecting thoroughly between classes, and more.

I stopped doing the indoor workouts for the time being as the cases exploded in SC and it wasn't worth the risk to continue doing them indoors. Recently, my HIIT gym has gone back to full class sizes and moving stations and they have not had any issues, although they are still taking the same disinfecting precautions.

With that being said, I am still not convinced that that risk factor is as great as some people are saying. If it was, wouldn't we see outbreaks all over the country associated with people going back to the gym as gyms are open in many parts of the country? Below is the only evidence I have been able to find of outbreaks associated with gyms:

Only one of these is in the US and neither article says anything about whether any precautions were taken around social distancing, mask wearing when not doing intense cardio, not sharing equipment, airflow and air filtration, etc. I am in complete agreement that the risk is very high when no precautions are taken for indoor workouts, but it seems to me there is more evidence showing that indoor workouts are fine or at least much less risky when the proper precautions are taken.

If I am missing more evidence of outbreaks associated with indoor workouts let me know, but those are just my thoughts.

There was a big outbreak associated with a spin class studio in Canada. 69+ cases.

https://www.today.com/health/gyms-covid-19-outbreak-spin-studio-canada-t194775

Safety protocols in place during the classes that let to outbreaks included: keeping bikes more than 6 feet apart, less than 50% capacity in the studio and cleaning rooms within 30 minutes of a class ending. Masks, however, were only required up until participants were clipped into their bikes and immediately after the workouts ended.

i assume it causes more spread and moonz is dead then

COVID Thread 2: Christie Closing Lanes on the Bridge to Heaven! (Super Political!!!)

This thing is weird. Sometimes there are outbreaks where people were really careful and sometimes there's nothing where there should have logically been something.

Where were the outbreaks where people were really careful?

What i meant by this, i guess, is that a very careful group of people could be undone by a single reckless or careless person. Probably "outbreak" was the wrong term. "Cases" is probably better.

The whole country is basically an outbreak right now, so most people have no idea where they got it. Gyms, airlines, etc have no incentive whatsoever to determine if there are outbreaks associated with their facilities, and there is no public health contact tracing, so it's unclear where it is most often spread. But it is clearly spreading, and fast.

Back