• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

It isn't complicated. Similar to the NYT alarmism article posted above, #science has created such a milkwich tornado of false negatives, false, positives, and incubation periods that nobody knows what the fuck to do in the moment when data gets reported.

We have about 200 employees and I've seen it at least once a week for the past few months. Employee says he/she feels like shit and can't come to work. Did you get a Covid test? Yes, I went to the clinic and it came back negative but "they" said I need to quarantine for a week anyway because I still might have it. Okay, wait a week, get another negative test, and come back to work. But while that person is out and the employer gets the State data inquiry, how do you think that worker gets reported????? - they are reported out for Covid, because they are. In hindsight 2 weeks later when they've had multiple negative tests, did they have Covid? No, they had the fucking flu, but it got reported as Covid and isn't getting unreported.

You don't think that similar pattern has played out with regard to dropping from 400,000 flu hospitalizations to 165? Poor bastard shows up feeling like shit yet tests negative for everything - stick him in the Covid Cave because we have to assume he has it! Covid stat. A few days later he either kicks or feels well enough to go home. Did he have Covid? Who the fuck knows, but he got reported as having it.

You're the supposed doctor, do you have a better explanation of how we dropped from 400,000 to 165 of flu hospitalizations despite tens of millions of people proudly ignoring all Covid protocols and acting completely normally? Rafi tried and failed miserably. Your turn, House.

Your write some really dumb stuff, but this is up there. We are talking about hospitalized patients. When someone is admitted to the hospital with respiratory symptoms they have a swab that is sent for a PCR panel, which now includes Flu A, Flu B, RSV, and COVID. Positive and negative results are reported, and that's how we know the hospitalization numbers for the flu, COVID, etc. for the United States. We aren't guessing based on people staying home from work. LOL.

+1

This is exhibit 1, 1a, 2, and 3 of why 2&2 should learn not to open his mouth.

Maybe, just maybe, if your employee is sick... in the middle of a pandemic that's killed 500,000 Americans so far... You should be OK with erring on the side of caution.

But, who knows? As Rafi points out, sick patients are still tested for Flu A, Flu B, etc. This is publicly available (and well reported) data/information.

https://flu.ncdhhs.gov/data/documents/Weekly-COVID19-Surveillance.pdf?ver=1.0

Don’t you get it vt, that link is also part of the milkwich conspiracy.

I'm totally not moving to The Vatican which is apparently ruled by some divine right autocrat.

EumVnE8WQAEliC8

Wonder if anyone has told him what the Vatican is yet

This is great news. Hopefully the assessments were done well.

Another piece of great news - the med center I work at peaked with 200 patients admitted with COVID in mid January. There are now 55.

This is great news. Hopefully the assessments were done well.

Another piece of great news - the med center I work at peaked with 200 patients admitted with COVID in mid January. There are now 55.

A couple of questions about your covid hospitalizations

-How long was the average stay?
-How many of the people hospitalized died and how many recovered?

When I look at the LA County health data pulled daily, the hospitalizations go down daily in an amount equal to the deaths. So it just seems like everyone still in the hospital with this shit is just dying off, unless a large amount of covid deaths aren't people in the hospital. Doesn't seem to be too high of a discharged from the hospital rate

A couple of questions about your covid hospitalizations

-How long was the average stay?
-How many of the people hospitalized died and how many recovered?

Unfortunately, I don't know the answers to either of these questions. We have a COVID dashboard that updates hourly or so, but it doesn't provide that type of detail. The length of hospitalization varies quite a bit - I would say that most stay at least 5 days (to get decadron) and certainly a good number stay for weeks. About 2000 have been discharged home.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answers to either of these questions. We have a COVID dashboard that updates hourly or so, but it doesn't provide that type of detail. The length of hospitalization varies quite a bit - I would say that most stay at least 5 days (to get decadron) and certainly a good number stay for weeks. About 2000 have been discharged home.

Yeah, I just fear that when hospitalizations go down, it's because the majority of those hospitalized are dying. Good thing we're vaccinating the most vulnerable first so that can't spike up again.

CDC just published an early release of a study of Covid-19 in elementary schools in Marietta, GA

What one takes away from the report is, as in most things, dependent upon one's point of view before reading the report

Here are some highlights:

Nine clusters of three or more epidemiologically linked COVID-19 cases were identified involving 13 educators and 32 students at six of the eight elementary schools. Two clusters involved probable educator-to-educator transmission that was followed by educator-to-student transmission and resulted in approximately one half (15 of 31) of school-associated cases.

All nine transmission clusters involved less than ideal physical distancing, and five involved inadequate mask use by students.

An educator was the index patient in four clusters..., a student was the index patient in one cluster, and in four clusters..., whether the index patient was the student, the educator, or both (i.e., two index cases occurred) could not be determined. Eight clusters... involved at least one educator and probable educator-to-student transmission. Four clusters... involved probable student-to-student transmission, and three... involved probable student-to-educator transmission.

Public health investigators identified several COVID-19 mitigation challenges. Although plastic dividers were placed on desks between students, students sat <3 ft apart. Physical distancing of >6 ft was not possible because of the high number of in-person students and classroom layouts. In seven clusters (A, B, C, D, E, F, and I), transmission among educators and students might have occurred during small group instruction sessions in which educators worked in close proximity to students. The school district mandated in-classroom mask use except while eating, and both reported and observed compliance during site visits was high. However, information obtained during interviews indicated that specific instances involving lack of or inadequate mask use by students likely contributed to spread in five clusters (A, C, E, G, and I). Students ate lunch in their classrooms, which might have facilitated spread.

David Leonhardt on vaccine supply and vaccinating teachers:

There are enough vaccine doses

The country now has enough vaccine doses to move teachers to the front of the line without substantially delaying vaccinations for everyone else.

Nationwide, about 6.5 million people work inside a K-12 school. It’s a substantially smaller group than the 21 million health care workers, many of whom were in the first group of Americans to become eligible for vaccines.
As a point of reference, Moderna and Pfizer have delivered an average of more than one million new doses to the federal government every day this month. That daily number is on track to exceed three million next month. Immediately vaccinating every school employee would push back everybody else’s vaccine by a few days at most.

A few states have already prioritized teachers, with Kentucky apparently the furthest along, according to Education Week. It has finished administering the first dose to the bulk of K-12 staff who want one. “This is going to help us safely get our kids back in school faster than just about any other state,” Gov. Andy Beshear said, “and it’s going to allow us to do it without risking the health of those that come in to serve those children.”

Connecticut goes with strict age-based distribution schedule, no priority for pre-existing conditions

enough vaccine for 130 million Americans by the end of March? That is 5 weeks from tomorrow.

Back