• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CPAC?

FuckmouthedRube

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any of the clips from CPAC? I get that this board is hardly a bastion of Tea Partiers, but do any conservatives/'Pubs think CPAC is helpful for the GOP in 2016? Seems like the tenor and tone is straight from Limbaugh and Palin and I don't see how that appeals to moderates in swing states who will decide the general election. Getting 80% of the vote in Alabama doesn't matter if you can't get 51% in OH, VA, FL, NV, and CO. The GOP base absolutely believes America is a right/center-right nation and the only reason McCain and Mitt lost was because they were too moderate. There's no way enough conservatives stayed home in swing states to give Obama a second term because Romney was too moderate.

Has anyone seen any of the clips from CPAC? I get that this board is hardly a bastion of Tea Partiers, but do any conservatives/'Pubs think CPAC is helpful for the GOP in 2016? Seems like the tenor and tone is straight from Limbaugh and Palin and I don't see how that appeals to moderates in swing states who will decide the general election. Getting 80% of the vote in Alabama doesn't matter if you can't get 51% in OH, VA, FL, NV, and CO. The GOP base absolutely believes America is a right/center-right nation and the only reason McCain and Mitt lost was because they were too moderate. There's no way enough conservatives stayed home in swing states to give Obama a second term because Romney was too moderate.

You're right with the moderate line. Keep on marching right.

CPAC always struck me as a time to collect soundbites rather than form policy. Used to live near where they hold it. Was always kind of a weird crew.

I get that they want to fire up the base for the midterms, but if somebody really does have 2016 presidential aspirations I'd tread lightly rather than tossing out pure red meat. They don't seem to get that YouTube lives forever. Can't understand the point of Reince Priebus commissioning a 2012 autopsy and publicizing the results, but still having another clown show that fires up the base and ignores everything from their autopsy. Christie seems to understand the need for a bigger tent, but Cruz is really pushing for "purity". Find it hard to believe he doesn't understand the demographics and electoral college challenges, but he must be counting on such much Obama fatigue that 2016 will be a walkover. Both Obama and Hillary could have won in 2008, but Dennis Kuchinich wouldn't have. Just seems way too short-sided to only focus on the conservative base with no thought of general election voters.

Have no idea what CPAC is. I did see a headline today that Donald Trump was apparently a main speaker at one of their events.

Pretty much tells me all I need to know about both their intellect and credibility.

How any political advisors on the Republican side of the aisle still have jobs is amazing. It's really not that hard. Like the op said, it's like they are racing to win 90% of the votes in Arkansas without understanding that they are destroying their chances to get 51% in the states where the actual election is decided.

I'm convinced that Jeb Bush is running in 2016.

Who gives a fuck what u libs think? Count the numbers! Conservatives did not show up to vote for Mitt.

I get that they want to fire up the base for the midterms, but if somebody really does have 2016 presidential aspirations I'd tread lightly rather than tossing out pure red meat. They don't seem to get that YouTube lives forever. Can't understand the point of Reince Priebus commissioning a 2012 autopsy and publicizing the results, but still having another clown show that fires up the base and ignores everything from their autopsy. Christie seems to understand the need for a bigger tent, but Cruz is really pushing for "purity". Find it hard to believe he doesn't understand the demographics and electoral college challenges, but he must be counting on such much Obama fatigue that 2016 will be a walkover. Both Obama and Hillary could have won in 2008, but Dennis Kuchinich wouldn't have. Just seems way too short-sided to only focus on the conservative base with no thought of general election voters.

Anything the liberal media says about you is junk. Therefore you can say whatever you want.

2012 Obama Romney

Six million fewer voters than 2008. Ur boy won by 3.5. Shove those numbers up ur ass, Doc! Facts are strange things to u.

Who gives a fuck what u libs think? Count the numbers! Conservatives did not show up to vote for Mitt.

Weird that hardcore conservatives who hate Obama more than any President in their lifetime would just not show up when they had a chance to deny him a second term

Rand and Cruz will likely go 1-2 in the CPAC straw pole. Would not be surprised if Christie falls below Rick Perry and even Palin. Christie's more sympathetic now that the evil lamestream media set up the traffic study on that yankee bridge. Jindal's apparently given up on running for President and is openly campaigning as an attack dog VP. Biggest potential 2016 winners are Scott Walker and Mike Pence who didn't appear. Walker has a 2014 reelection in a blue state. Pence is every bit the social conservative that Huckabee and Santorum are, but he wants to run as a pragmatic Governor. Pence clearly wanted a same-sex marriage ban on the ballot but the Indiana legislature tabled it for at least another two years.

Have no idea what CPAC is. I did see a headline today that Donald Trump was apparently a main speaker at one of their events.

Pretty much tells me all I need to know about both their intellect and credibility.

CPAC is an annual convention where republicans get together and try to out-crazy each other. With your Trump comment, it seems you have the gist of it.

2012 Obama Romney
124,026 Wrong
62,611 Wrong
59,134 Wrong

Six million fewer voters than 2008. Wrong Ur boy won by 3.5. WrongShove those numbers up ur ass, Doc! Facts are strange things to u.You might want to learn what a fact is

Well, you've got the facts wrong

Obama 69,498,516
McCain 59,948,323
Total 131,313,820 Difference is due to 3rd party candidates

Obama 65,915,796
Romney 60,933,500 (Romney with 47%. Karma's a bitch)
Total 129,085,403 Difference is due to 3rd party candidates

That's 2,228,417 fewer voters in 12 vs 08, not 6 million, and Obama lost almost 3.6 million votes. Mittens got more votes than McCain. And Obama still won by nearly 5 million votes. Conservatives showed up. They just lost.

Manny, your response?

2012 Obama Romney

Six million fewer voters than 2008. Ur boy won by 3.5. Shove those numbers up ur ass, Doc! Facts are strange things to u.

I love it when the fair-right racists folks stop by to post. It happens relatively rarely, so it makes it cute when it happens.

You do you, troglodyte.

CPAC is an annual convention where republicans get together and try to out-crazy each other. With your Trump comment, it seems you have the gist of it.

Thing that really seems odd to me is that there are people (Steve King, Louie Gohmert) who are too conservative to be given speaking gigs at CPAC. Kinda like Gun Owners of America being further right than the NRA. The stuff about GOP civil war is silly-Tea Party candidates may not win primaries everywhere, but they are calling the shots in the GOP. McConnell, Graham, Cornyn, and McCain are running scared and are terrified of becoming extinct. Nobody outside of today's GOP thinks they're moderates.

Back