• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crab Kicked Off Team, Devin Suspended Two Games

My response to this news
ix0eyqu.gif

Ya Boy Stan Cotten ‏@NotStanCotten 1h1 hour ago
SAD STAT OF THE DAY: Since 2008, 17 out of Wake's 26 basketball recruits have either transferred or gotten kicked off the team.
....................I've been a Wake Forest fan for more than 30 years and am getting more and more disgusted with the so called culture of this program. Among other things I've also wondered why good white players choose not to come to W.F, and when some average ones do come, they quickly transfer away. There's more to this program than meets the eye.

I appreciate that DM decided to make this decision but I don't believe-in the long run-that he's the guy for this job.

Among other things I've also wondered why good white players choose not to come to W.F, and when some average ones do come, they quickly transfer away. There's more to this program than meets the eye.

makes you wonder

I wish Wellman would drop the phrases "establish foundation" and "establish culture". Just stop it already. No one's fooled by that nonsense.

....................I've been a Wake Forest fan for more than 30 years and am getting more and more disgusted with the so called culture of this program. Among other things I've also wondered why good white players choose not to come to W.F, and when some average ones do come, they quickly transfer away. There's more to this program than meets the eye.

I appreciate that DM decided to make this decision but I don't believe-in the long run-that he's the guy for this job.

Shut up you drunk old coot.

How can Wellman with a straight face say the crap he does? Saying Danny is as accomplished as anyone in the country as a coach is just complete and utter bullshit

LOL awesome! Let's kick this thread up a notch!

On a similar funny note, girl I work with loves Duke. I made the comment the other day that all of the current and past players she loves are all white. She said that's not true. I told her to name one non white she loved; Johny Dawkins was all she could come up with and I even pointed out he played before she was born.

On a similar funny note, girl I work with loves Duke. I made the comment the other day that all of the current and past players she loves are all white. She said that's not true. I told her to name one non white she loved; Johny Dawkins was all she could come up with and I even pointed out he played before she was born.

What was her response?

I wish Wellman would drop the phrases "establish foundation" and "establish culture". Just stop it already. No one's fooled by that nonsense.

The above quote plays well with the BOT, and other movers and shakers...

White people don't smoke weed guys. This program clearly needs a whitewashing. It's science.

Seriously. When does this shit ever end?

Wake needs to start over. Completely clean house, re-assess priorities and start from the ground level.

This is just fucking ridiculous.

In case anyone missed it, there is a video at the link RivalsLes provides above that is definitely worth watching.

Thanks for the link.
Listening to our imperious AD who lied about the reason for firing Dino, then changed that narrative to "culture" in Bzz's second year, I'm reminded of the old wag, "How do you know Wellman is lying...his lips are moving." The culture hasn't changed, and the program lies in ruins. Dan Collins nailed it with, "You clearly have more talent this year than last, but look at the records." Manning is over his head, yet we're stuck for another 2 years, bringing the sum total of Wellman's failed science project to 8 freakin years. If Wellman were a CEO, he would've been fired long before now.

First of all, I don't condone the use of weed. However, I find it hard or next to impossible to believe our athletes are using any more than athletes at other schools. It sure seems like our athletes are "caught" more than athletes at other schools. Why is that? Just another way Hatch and/or Wellman stacks the deck against athletic success.

Back