• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CROOKED Hilary

Unlikely, but I suppose anything is possible. My plan is to keep working and not count on the promises she is making. I feel for the people who put stock in what she is saying. Save those #thoughtsandprayers for the people who think she's going to pay their mortgage, put gas in their cars, etc. Sad.
Well history shows that those people all do better under Democratic presidents than Republican presidents so I think they will be just fine

Well history shows that those people all do better under Democratic presidents than Republican presidents so I think they will be just fine

"all"? Thank God for Democrat Presidents. Mortgage payments for everyone!

I can't stand Hillary, but how do you see your life appreciably changing, Wrangor?

Don't really see how she's that different from Obama, policy-wise.

Unsure, but at some point character and honesty matters. I can't predict the future, but I don't want a leader of the free world that incapable of being trusted. Not good for the US and not good for the world. But I have no idea how that will flesh out. If you had to pin me to one projection it would be tied to the Supreme Court nominations and how those judges direct the course of this country. I am sure this is the main argument to vote FOR Hillary for any liberals, but obviously that would be the opposite for anyone with a conservative bent.

But my fify was more tongue in cheek than anything. I think you read too much into it. Was just giving him a hard time. I am not certain my life would change appreciably with any of the candidates outside of Bernie. As a farmer my life is much more impacted by world markets than the us economy. In fact when the us economy struggles farmers tend to do a little better (as the value of the dollar decreases). With the dollar increasing, and China subsidizing their corn the outlook for ag is somewhat bleak for the next half decade, but there are no policies outside of subsidies that would make an appreciable difference, and subsidies aren't coming back (and probably shouldn't unless the ag infrastructure starts to crumble).

Well not really but you've been going with this for 8 years so why stop now?

8? It's been failing for 50. Don't shortchange the dependency theory's intergenerational commitment to failing American families.

Hint: The government isn't going to fix your problems for you.

8? It's been failing for 50. Don't shortchange the dependency theory's intergenerational commitment to failing American families.

the government fixed the pothole in front of my house

the government fixed the pothole in front of my house

The fact that a hole in the ground is your biggest problem is a testament to the capacity of employment to provide for your other wants and needs. Thanks work!

BOOTSTRAPS!!!! 11111!!

Well when you type your diatribe I hear "I live in a fantasy world where social safety nets are not necessary"

Well when you type your diatribe I hear "I live in a fantasy world where social safety nets are not necessary"

Why don't we both live in the world of statistics and data, and compare what happens when you a) finish high school, b) get married before starting your family and c) work, versus the alternative?

Keep telling those lies, though. They are working great.

Why don't we both live in the world of statistics and data, and compare what happens when you a) finish high school, b) get married before starting your family and c) work, versus the alternative?

This is the part of this argument where you throw in this strawman

So, troll, how are you going to make these things happen?

This is the part of this argument where you throw in this strawman

No. The empirical evidence is in. We don't have to speculate. In fact, we don't even have to convince you. You believe my argument for your family. Somebody else's has to settle for public benefits. Not yours, though.

So, troll, how are you going to make these things happen?

Trust people with the truth. Hillary Clinton/Donald Trump/Ben Carson/Bernie Sanders ain't gonna solve your problems. They don't care about you at all.

Back