• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 105: Cheap Hotel Room Available in Boone! PM deacphan for deets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
noted about the breadmaker. the fact it does the kneading is pretty good, especially for someone who doesn't have a dough hook (or a stand mixer... :( )

White people are straight flipping their shit about GoT on social media. I'm assuming someone died. Was it the dwarf?

Besides the fact that this has been written since the beginning of this shows existence I think my favorite part is people flipping shit on HBO, with I hate you HBO, fuck you Im cancelling my HBO subscription etc... I actually think some people don't know that this show is based off books written over the past 2 decades.

oh yeah, and regarding GoT - I'm glad I don't watch it, because it definitely would have been ruined for me last night. everyone (east coast) on FB was immediately talking about it.

re: heel bread. once I tried to make a grilled cheese with the heel bread because I didn't have another loaf. That didn't go over so well. I used the heel part as the inside, so all backwards-like, but it just didn't hold together too well.

re: heel bread. once I tried to make a grilled cheese with the heel bread because I didn't have another loaf. That didn't go over so well. I used the heel part as the inside, so all backwards-like, but it just didn't hold together too well.

i had this issue just last week!! didn't really work; the heat never quite got to the cheese well enough to melt it all the way, then the bread was getting all burned... i still ate it, but it was not the glorious sandwich i'd hoped for.

I had a doctor's appointment last week and he seems like a decent guy but a couple of things bothered me.

1) he has handouts about selling hcg injections for weight loss. One price for just injections, one price for that and doctors visits if paying cash and one price if paying by check.

2) he was pretty rigidly adhering to the idea of BMI. I would be the first to tell you that I want to slim down. However, to be in the "ideal" range I would have to weigh 170 at most. The last time that happened was when I was cutting weight in high school wrestling and my body fat was 11%

Think it is safe to say that isn't going to happen any time soon.

I had a doctor's appointment last week and he seems like a decent guy but a couple of things bothered me.

1) he has handouts about selling hcg injections for weight loss. One price for just injections, one price for that and doctors visits if paying cash and one price if paying by check.

2) he was pretty rigidly adhering to the idea of BMI. I would be the first to tell you that I want to slim down. However, to be in the "ideal" range I would have to weigh 170 at most. The last time that happened was when I was cutting weight in high school wrestling and my body fat was 11%

Think it is safe to say that isn't going to happen any time soon.

That would be enough to make me switch doctors. I've actually found that I prefer a DO better than many MDs. The latest MD craze is these alternative meds, like you mentioned above. I haven't heard of a DO pushing them yet.

Of course, a lot of people I know weren't accepted into allopathic programs and subsequently went into ostepathic programs...anecdata but it's made me wary.

Of course, a lot of people I know weren't accepted into allopathic programs and subsequently went into ostepathic programs...anecdata but it's made me wary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Osteopathic_Medicine

at least according to wikipedia, your viewpoint is supported by data. a lot of D.O.s couldn't get into an MD program. though the approach does sound better to me, the approach is only as good as the people who put it into practice.

That would be enough to make me switch doctors. I've actually found that I prefer a DO better than many MDs. The latest MD craze is these alternative meds, like you mentioned above. I haven't heard of a DO pushing them yet.

Wait what??? By definition a Doctor of Osteopathic medicine has the philosophy that the underlying of most disease and illness is mismanagement of muscles and skeletal network more in line with alternative therapies like a Chiropractor and acupuncture. In modern medicine the line has essentially been blurred but the root of DO is the idea of modern medicine with still an underlying emphasis on natural healing.

That said, my GP is a PA, so it's not like it's all about school...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back